Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy some race headers soon, but don't know which brand. Which brand does everyone think is the best gains. I was thinkin the FC 4-2-1 headers from www.FocusPerformance.com. Also, am I gonna need to buy the O2 cheater for these to work? Thanx

P.S.
What about the OBX headers, are those crap?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
as far as most know, obx's r shorty headers. u must assess ur situation noise wise. what catback r u running? b/c if its not 1 of the quietest 1s, goin w/a race header will make it incredibly annoying and a fuzz magnet.

from there u can assess which 1 2 get. a 4-1, 4-2-1, or a short 4-1 (not a shorty, but the kamikaze puts their collector in earlier than others). each has its pos/neg. so choose wisely. also b mindful of goin w/a full svt setup, or the setup back 2 ur present catback.

gl,

-Ult

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the AEM catback which is relativley quite, but I don't know how it will sound. I thought the OBX was crap, but I was just checkin cause there so cheap on ebay. I am prolly gonna go with the Focus Central because I like the 4-2-1 design and they are like 100 bucks cheaper. If anyone else has any comments please add.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Originally posted by focus_on_speed:
I have the AEM catback which is relativley quite, but I don't know how it will sound.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">your aem is quiet? \
*confused*..my aem one of the loudest cat-back i've heard for the focus...so that makes probably everyone accept for flowmaster. wow

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by KicknZX3:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by focus_on_speed:
I have the AEM catback which is relativley quite, but I don't know how it will sound.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">your aem is quiet? \
*confused*..my aem one of the loudest cat-back i've heard for the focus...so that makes probably everyone accept for flowmaster. wow
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah no doubt about it that's a loud one! There is room for an extra resonator though in that system correct? Just weld like a 4 foot long magnaflow resonator in there...she'll be quiet.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
there is a resinator, just much smaller than the magnaflow though, not like it makes a difference.
its just...loud

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mabye I am a little confused as to what is quite or loud, as most of the Foci I have heard has had the race headers. I want my to be louder, so I kinda figured the AEM was a quiter exhaust. But if you guys think its loud then it probably is compared to others.

Does anyone know about the HP headers on NOPI, there pretty cheap but how is the quality?

·
Registered
55 Posts
personally i've heard alot of horror stories about the FC headers, however, i also heard that the new ones are alot better, i didn't want to risk it, so i bought the FS. and i love it. warning, it's very loud with my magnaflow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by myFordPerformance.com:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by focus_on_speed:
... Also, am I gonna need to buy the O2 cheater for these to work?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you want to prevent the CEL, yes you need the o2 cheater.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What do you mean by the CEL? I just put in a focus central race header w/ a borla exhaust and i dont have the o2 cheater......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check Engine Light.

When you remove your Catalytic convertor the air coming through your header is now dirtier than should ever be. The computer thinks this is a problem caused by a faulty o2 sensor so it sets off the CEL (Check Engine Light) to warn. The eliminators basically sit between the o2 and the wiring and send a good clean signal back all the time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont have the o2 cheater and my check engine light hasnt come on yet, its been about 4 days now, thats kinda weird....

·
Registered
546 Posts
Originally posted by Samantha:
I dont have the o2 cheater and my check engine light hasnt come on yet, its been about 4 days now, thats kinda weird....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">When I first installed my race header,it took @ 7 days before the CEL comes on.The longer you go w/ the race header,in the shorter the time intervals will be before the CEL comes back on.I had the FocusSport Race header for about 7 months before the O2 cheater came out,by the time it finally got here I was clearing the code w/ a scanner and 2 hours later it was back on.since the O2 cheater,I've been CEL clean for a year

·
Registered
50 Posts
thats nice to know, thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts