Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive an '02 SVT and I have an AEM Short Ram. I was considering a strut tower bar, but I was wondering which one will fit with my intake? Any sugestions?

·
Registered
149 Posts
The FS bar will fit. However, our cars do not benefit from a front stress bar, as the firewall is just behind the top of the struts. Save your money.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I guess I'll leave that alone then.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No I concurr, I believe my strut bar stiffend up the front end a lot, made it very nice in the twisties too. A bit less roll, I got mine for cheap but it was defintely worth it!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you find a cheap strut bar for the SVT?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Some guy was selling one, if you can find a used one they're pretty cheap, luckily the one I bought was not used although it was blue and my car is black with red-inserts, I didn't care though it served its purpose.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No I concurr, I believe my strut bar stiffend up the front end a lot, made it very nice in the twisties too. A bit less roll, I got mine for cheap but it was defintely worth it!
You're welcome to your opinion, of course. I bought a FS strut bar when I first got the car, and didn't notice any difference, even when autocrossing. If you want another opinion, do a couple searches over on the Suspension forum. All the gurus I know of there will say the same thing I did.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
you probably won't notice much with the front brace. the rear brace, however, is where you will feel it. keep in mind that you will lose some trunk space.

if you really want to stiffen up your suspension, check into the front and/or rear sway bars. you'll like them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
you probably won't notice much with the front brace. the rear brace, however, is where you will feel it. keep in mind that you will lose some trunk space.

if you really want to stiffen up your suspension, check into the front and/or rear sway bars. you'll like them.
Ditto. I did feel a slight difference with the rear.

Still, I've heard many who say that one doesn't do any good, either. It's just down to personal pref. What I think the rear bar also helps with is cutting down rattles. My car is coming up on 3 years old, and zero hatch rattles to date.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Messing with rear will make a big difference. If you want a front bar the Steeda and FS both will work. However I don't know how much they are and could be a bit spendy!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info guys. I'll save my money for better mods.

·
Registered
149 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts