Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are you satisfied? would you reccomend it to other jetters? what type of sound does it have? what other exhaust setups do you have with it?

i was thinking of getting the magnaflow catback and a FC 4-2-1 race header, do those bolt right up or will i need a flexpipe? any oter comments about it feel free...

·
Registered
584 Posts
i have a magnaflow cb as far as sound its alot heavier in my opinion then borla i pesonally like it as far as mods only intake and chip

go for it, i recomend it

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have it with the FC race header. You will still need a flex pipe. I used the bosal flex pipe. Before the header it had a nice quiet low tone to it. Under acceloration it had a nice sound. not loud but you could tell it is there. Now with the race header it is loud. Very loud. Still low and not buzzy, but you can really hear it in the inside of the car. I've never heard my car accelorate from the outside as I am usually driving it. It sounds great in a parking garage too.

Jason

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i've got it with (for now) stock header, cat, and flex... not loud enough to attract attention but has a nice tone.

loudest around 2800-3500 rpms, then if you have an intake that sound takes over under WOT.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i have the magnaflo with a steeda 4-2-1 race header and flexpipe...its loud not buzzy but at idle it doesn't sound like a raceheader is even there...i have been pulled over with it an the cop didn't say a thing about my exhaust. not to mention it is not a fart can....which is a plus!

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
I've said it before, that is probably the best bang for the buck out there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have magnaflow CB with a short ram intake and the three peice pulley kit. my car dynoed at 116hp and 122ft of torque. Id get the flex pipe with the header making your full exhasut 2 1/4 all the way through. the stock flexpipe is smaller and resticts flow. get the goods and go fast. oh yeah i love my eaxust just dont get the old tip it looks like a hacked potato

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the yodude magnaflow catback. I just put it on last week and i love it. The sound is deep and mellow and is pretty quiet. I highly recommend this catback.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i have had it for about a year and i love it, i would definitely get this exhuast system you will not regret it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Have it for a while now, good price, good fit, good sound and u will feel good gain on hwy. It get loudest when at hwy speed(3000rpm), and u will have to get use to it.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I have the Magnaflow on both our Foci, it's one of the quieter systems available but even tho it will get loud with a race header or ORP. I put an FC race header on mine and it got quite loud, but then I installed a 31" resonator from summitracing under the car in the blank pipe section and it quieted back down. I think it's one of the better sounding systems available, although I have to admit I also like the sound of the Bosal, although I'm not really fond of the big muffler that can be seen from the rear as well as the low outlet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have it in conjunction with a kkm intake w/ some custom flair, pro-m, 65mm tb and bored out intake manifold. the exhaust is great, i havent had any problems with it, only i would recomend getting some nice thick band type exhaust clamps. it sounds great nice low tone.

·
Registered
78 Posts
ive got it with fc race header and flex pipe plus my own custom ram air and it sounds great. when i first put it on and started it there was hardly and sound and i was bummed....until i took off from the garage with my foot on the carpet. it was amazing. i recommend this system to any and all.

peace
phil

·
Registered
78 Posts
ive got it with fc race header and flex pipe plus my own custom ram air and it sounds great. when i first put it on and started it there was hardly and sound and i was bummed....until i took off from the garage with my foot on the carpet. it was amazing. i recommend this system to any and all.

peace
phil

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds not really a problem, i would actually like it somewhat loud cause i used to have a 97 ranger with a glasspack
so im used to the loud sound. anyways as soon as i get some money i plan on doing that. anyone know where the cheapest place to get all this is? i know focuscentral has the catback, flexpipe, and header so i could save some money on shipping if i get all from them. but i would still like your info. thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have had one for about 8 months and love it. It started with the MF and OEM piping, cat and manifold. Sounded nice and mellow, reminded me of one of the old MG's. Then I graduated to a bosal flex and shorty headers. Still sounded nice and throaty, quiet at idle, but really made it's presence known when I put the foot in it. I am now running with the header, race pipe, Bosal, and magnaflow. Again quiet at idle, but super loud on acceleration but I love the sound. Cabin is noisy, but hey, just turn up the tunes. You put your foot in it, and people know you are there, and still doesn't have the high pitched rice sound.

·
Registered
19 Posts
has anyone tried putting in a high flow cat with the Magna flow or not? im thinking of doing it so thats y i ask.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts