Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i think my cat got to the point of clogging so bad my car would barely run last night. its at ford dealer right now to get it diagnosed for warranty so we will see what they find

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Mine went to the crapper a while back. The car had the same symptoms as yours. So i went ahead and got an off-road pipe.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
hey guys i think my cat got to the point of clogging so bad my car would barely run last night. its at ford dealer right now to get it diagnosed for warranty so we will see what they find
barely run??
was it like, trying to stall when first start your engine??
if that is the one, then mine is clogged too..time to going back to race header.

·
Banned
613 Posts
mines goin to the dealer tuesday.. (havent installed svt header kit yet) for a new cat.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
talk to him yesterday tech said cat is definately clogged but something timing oriented may have happened to hehas to look further

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine went like that also. All of a sudden, with no warning. Took PBoys one whole day to give up diagnosing, and my Ford Dealer three days diagnosing. I'm surprised that they haven't asked you to change out your CAM. I have a short ram, and my dealer said that they would not diagnose any further till the stock system was returned to the car, and then quoted me about $300 worth of parts to get it back to stock... See, they had a negative pressure on the system because air was blowing out of the intake...
I would have guessed cat right there, but not those brain surgeons. Luckily, I kept my original, and changed it over in about 10 minutes in the parking lot. They finally came back and told me that my work was warranty. Not bad overall, but I did get hit for 5 days of rental...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they did every test in the book today, cat is fine. as far as they see the only thing out o ordinary are the fuel trims and the crank sensor is the most probable cause for the horrible running condition

·
Registered
4 Posts
when i got my 4-1 header and took my cat off the honey-comb [censored] inside a piece was flipped side ways thats what happens when you run a high flow exhaust with a intake and no header i guess it was running really [censored] until the header was put on then i was like what clogg
oh its in the attic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts