Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TEAM Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I had the TSB 3-13-05 done for the rear suspension issues with my SVT. I was having severe noise coming from my rear tires and my dealer agreed to replace the two rear tires. After I picked up my car I still noticed noise coming from the front tires. After I thought about it it made sense, my car has 10,000 miles on it and I rotated my tires at 5,000 miles so both sets of tires had been on the rear of the car for the same amount of time. I took the car back to my dealer and went for a drive with the service advisor. He agreed that the front tires were making the noise and went to talk to the service manager. The service manager came over and said that Ford would only replace two tires with the TSB. I reminded him that I rotated my tires at 5,000 miles like Ford recommended and that is why both sets of tires have the same wear patterns. He agreed, but still said they wouldn't replace the front tires.
I got home and called Ford customer service. They seemed very helpful, took all my info and said they'd get back to me within 24 hours. My question is, has anyone else had this problem? Has Ford replace all four tires? I though I read that someone on this forum had gotten all four tires replaced. I just want some ammo in case Ford calls me today and refuses to replace the other two tires. Thanks in advance for your help!
Andreas

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a problem with tire wear on the right rear. Ford only replaced the one tire after they changed the rear shock.

·
TEAM Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of coarse I get a call from Ford Customer Service today saying that Ford doesn't feel that this was something caused by a defect in their product!
So they gave me an address were I can write a letter to to voice my displeasure. This is really starting to piss me off. The service team were I took my car to admitted that this was caused by the misaligned suspension, yet Ford won't pay for it. I have three SVT vehicles right now and am a loyal Ford customer, but if this isn't resolved with them, they will lose yet another customer.
I hope Ford gets it Sh_t together!

·
Registered
13 Posts
So what type of wear did the tires exhibit? Any pics? I had to change two of the original contis for two sumitomos, after ruining one conti with fix-a-flat (at about 2k); they were noiser than the stock rubber, so I can't tell weird noises. But I have noticed added wear on the outer edge of the tires; I don't know if this is part of the effect that tsb talks about or if it is me doing Nascar on the clover leaf ramps. I have also rotated the tires (at 12k)so I have wear on all four tires. Im sitting on 19k right now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is there somewhere I can get a copy of this TSB 3-13-05? I have noticed tire noise increasing in my car, and checked the rear tires last night. There is some strange wear on the inside of the tires. I have not been rotating them every 5000 miles - that is definitely something I will have to do in the future with any new tires.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ya tell me more about this TSB

the left rear of my car does feel softer than the right

1 - 6 of 6 Posts