Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im n/a now with cai and f2 ss header into fswerks ss header back exhaust. looking to get cams. then i will be going low boost say hy35 5-8 psi i know it will hit later but will will hit later in rpm band but will work good with cams need to keep exhaust pressure low. my question who has the best deal for say a na tune now and a fi tune later. i hate to spend 400 on a na tune now and 300-400 more in 6 months for fi tune. best options ?

·
I
13,288 Posts
I would just wait to do the FI tune honestly. The cams you're going to pick for boost are going to be different than what you'd want to tune for power N/A.

While I'm unsure of your overall power goals, if you're looking for a turbo on the cheap I would step to something smaller than an HY35. You're looking at a 350-400whp turbo there and the spool will be consistent with that. Unless you have a serious built motor, I would look at a used K03 or K04, maybe a Volvo or Saab snail. You'll be running 10-12psi on those to get near the same power as the HY35, but you'll spool faster and still be near the limit of the stock Duratec internals.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm I underestimated the hy I believe a k03 could fit the build stock internals for now. Plan on h beams and clevite h series Bering's and ARP hardware this fall so I guess I will just keep stock cams for now. Goals are 200ish whp its a dd and I like the rods in the block and not thru it ; ) ko3 gti cast off should spool hella fast I believe 1800 rpm they start to make boost. Heck all probably need to hit my goal is 5-6 psi I don't even think I would have to intercool at that low of boost. But ever since I sold the turbo coupe I felt a need for a new snail in my life

1 - 4 of 4 Posts