Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was doing my Dyno run today, they were having trouble getting the proper readings due to too much RF iterference between the spark plug wires. I have the Ford Racing plug wires but who are they made by? I want to buy a better set but don't want to buy a set from the manufacturer of the Ford Racing pieces.

[ 01-31-2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: ZX3 Canuck ]

·
Registered
194 Posts
i had a problem with my spark plug wires as well but mine were making my car loose horsepower. i would recomend getting the magnacore plug wires. my freind has those on his car and has been trouble free with those wires and gets better readings on the dyno.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Originally posted by methodmotorworks.net:
i had a problem with my spark plug wires as well but mine were making my car loose horsepower. i would recomend getting the magnacore plug wires. my freind has those on his car and has been trouble free with those wires and gets better readings on the dyno.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What size and where are they avalible?

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
I checked a new box today and there is nothing on it about who makes them.
we were at the dyno today and I put a new set of another companies wires on my car because I have had the same problem with the dyno being fouled up with the pickup on my wires. There was absolutely no difference in power from the FR wires and the other. I will talk to Ford racing this week about this issue of interference.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What brand did you switch to and did it clear up the interference?

I'd definetely be interested in what Ford has to say bout the interference with their wires.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Yel900rr:
We tried the Focus Sport wires. I haven't found out who makes the FR wires.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did the FS wires clear up the interference?

I just tried to install a set of MSD wires and they are waaaaay to long. I don't know who cut these things, but they obviously don't know how to use a ruler.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I have always had interference and I have FS plug wires. Simple solution = put the coupler on the green wire coming out of the connector on the front of the coil pack.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts