Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Krunktronik Tuner Goblin
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running into some problems finding a set of rear springs for the replica.

Here's the story in short... I need a set of 6" 2.5"ID 350lbs linier coil-over springs, but there seems to be no such thing. HyperCoil nor Eibach make a 2.5"ID 6" spring in less than 450 lbs weight.

If I went down to a 2.25"ID spring, I have many more options. Right now I'm running Ground Control threaded rear perches and they're 2.5"ID. Do any companys make threaded rear perches that measure 2.25"ID? Like I said above, if I went down to 2.25"ID springs, I wouldn't be having this problem. There is much more of a weight selection in 6" length.

Any help would be great. I need to get this solved ASAP.

Thanks!

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
Why do you need such soft springs? The GC started at 450 I thought..... I'm probably wrong though.

·
Krunktronik Tuner Goblin
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
350lb springs on a 2200lb gutted Focus are VERY stiff. Trust me. I'm also running some massive sway bars, I don't want to go any stiffer on the spring rates.

What do the H&R coil-overs use for rear perches?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I think the problem you'll run into with adjustable perches from fk, h&r, or kw is one end of the spring will have to flat, and one end will have the pigtail.

You want both ends to flat so you can use standard springs. 350 is soft for the rear. This is race car right? World challenge guys running something like 650F/850R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts