Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and how did you do it?
what did you use?
did u weld it in?
how is the sound difference?
any links to the resonator you used?
how much did you spend? resonator? install?

thanx guys!!

Ollie

[ 08-27-2002: Message edited by: Ollie18 ]</p>

·
Registered
836 Posts
I took the long straight pipe out that connects to the flex pipe. I then had a shop custom make a pipe with a glasspack that fits right in the same spot. Now if i want i can switch it back out to the normal pipe and make the car loud as crap again.....Russell

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by quicksilver:
Talk to Nader. I think he has doen it.<hr></blockquote>

Jon..I pmed nader about this some time ago, but never got a response regarding this. I saw that he read it but no reply...I know he is a busy man though...

Ollie

·
Registered
210 Posts
On my Borla I welded into the front straight section a resonator that looks like a glasspack, but there is no packing in it. Its a 2 1/4 " I.D. by about 18" long. If you look down inside you can see that it serated like a cheese grader. I would say it mellowed the sound about 35% but hasent lost the burble or the nice tone at idle. It feels like I gained some low and mid power as well. It totally got rid of the freeway drone.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bugshack:
On my Borla I welded into the front straight section a resonator that looks like a glasspack, but there is no packing in it. Its a 2 1/4 " I.D. by about 18" long. If you look down inside you can see that it serated like a cheese grader. I would say it mellowed the sound about 35% but hasent lost the burble or the nice tone at idle. It feels like I gained some low and mid power as well. It totally got rid of the freeway drone.<hr></blockquote>

Awesome...thanx a lot...that is exactly what I am looking for. Which resonator did u get? Brand? how much did you pay? how much for the welding?

[ 08-30-2002: Message edited by: Ollie18 ]</p>

·
Registered
140 Posts
i took out the section of my exaust right behind my flexpipe and put a 27" Thrush perforated core glasspack in. I got it for $20 from the local autoparts store, and it dosent have those louvers in the core either that restrict flow. It made my magnaflow/fc race header combo sound a LOT better, now it has a very mellow agressive tone.

·
Registered
210 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ollie18:

Awesome...thanx a lot...that is exactly what I am looking for. Which resonator did u get? Brand? how much did you pay? how much for the welding?

[ 08-30-2002: Message edited by: Ollie18 ]
<hr></blockquote>
It cost me $60 including installation at a local performance muffler shop. I diddnt see a name brand, it was some sort of generic piece. I have seen one brand thats similar called "Blue Streak" they are aluminized. Im not at all concerned with the restriction in flow as stated in the prior post. Theres still plenty of flow here and Ive gained back the low end torque that I felt was lost when I first installed the Borla. Lets say it fits my driving. I rarly rev over 5400 rpm and aside my ITG drop in filter & stock air box resonater removed my engine is stock and will stay that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts