Who\'s going to SEMA?

Who else is going to SEMA this year?

Vegas, November 1st to 4th.

Bring your walking shoes!

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Re: Who\'s going to SEMA?

I am going to try and go this year. I can arrange everything but the time that I have my daughter.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Sweet guys, maybe I'll get to meet some of the FJ big dogs.

Definitely post any booth numbers for Focus stuff.

Is there really a dress code this year?

And whats the 'car of the year' going to be? Chrysler product?

·
Registered
17 Posts

I went for 3 years in a row and went to CES as well (for work), Last year (the year I DIDN'T go), a car I built was brought there as a demo vehicle and I couldn't bask in the glory! At least there are picks on the internet!

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts

Sweet guys, maybe I'll get to meet some of the FJ big dogs.

Definitely post any booth numbers for Focus stuff.

Is there really a dress code this year?

And whats the 'car of the year' going to be? Chrysler product?
Presenting manufacturer is Honda, expect a few tricked out Si's at the show.

Our car is going to be a feature vehicle for Piloti, we won't find out exactly where it will be until October or so.

Dress code is..... just don't dress like a slob!
Business casual is fine.

Dev -- please keep in mind that there are no minors allowed at the show

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts

I pray to god that my offer to go this year still stands.

There have been so many changes/people quitting/getting fired lately that I am starting to worry.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts

I'll be durr...yay!!!

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts

I've always wanted to go.

How does a simpleton like myself get in?

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts

I'll be there day 1 and 2, in and around the Ford booths,bars and whereever the women might be. Will be trying to drag my codriver/ buddy Craig (Sensie here).

Then off to prep for the 11-4 track event

·
Registered
697 Posts

The legitimate way is to work for a manufacturer, distributor, or company that has a reason to be there.

Or you can be like many of the others and make up bogus credentials, business cards, and what-not and crash it.

SEMA should be made into a week long fling. No one but the industry on Mon-Thurs, with Gestapo style security to keep out those that do not belong. Then Fri-Sun should open as a public free-for-all. This will allow those of us in the industry to handle any business and introductions, without tripping over all the tire-kickers asking when whatever product will be made for what car every three seconds.

·
Registered
169 Posts

Ill be there as a feature car for KW but may sneak into a booth

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts

The legitimate way is to work for a manufacturer, distributor, or company that has a reason to be there.

Or you can be like many of the others and make up bogus credentials, business cards, and what-not and crash it.

SEMA should be made into a week long fling. No one but the industry on Mon-Thurs, with Gestapo style security to keep out those that do not belong. Then Fri-Sun should open as a public free-for-all. This will allow those of us in the industry to handle any business and introductions, without tripping over all the tire-kickers asking when whatever product will be made for what car every three seconds.
So going off that, would me working at a dealership help me at all....?

·
Registered
697 Posts

So going off that, would me working at a dealership help me at all....?
Potentially I would think ... do they belong to SEMA? How involved does your dealership get in the aftermarket?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts