Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who\'s got an MAC intake??

I just installed my MAC intake tonight and I've got a couple concerns...

1) The air filter hits slightly when I close the hood...any suggestions to fix it? It shuts, but I wonder if it's doing any harm by fitting so tight.

2) The wire loom that connects the Mass Air Connector and several other things seems to pull very tight...is this common among any of you? Is it okay or will it end up causing a problem with the wiring?

I'm just curious if any of you have had this dilemma and if you've had any troubles. I had an injen cai prior to this...I'm curious to see how this one performs.

Thanks a lot for your help.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Re: Who\'s got an MAC intake??

When I had some problems with my Volant seating high, I was able to adjust how the tube and sleeve sat against the Throttle Body. Beforehand, the left side of the tube hit the throttle body top, but the right side wasn't even touching. After I loosened the hose clamps and readjusted the tube, it sat perfectly fine.

Hpe this helps!

·
Registered
63 Posts

I have had my MAC for 3 months now and no problems. The MAF sensor wires are pulled a little tight but I managed to get a little slack in them. Great sound, good qulaity, good price. Great for winter driving while having the CAI in the garage.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

When I had mine, I encounted the same things w/ the exception of the wire loom that connects to the MAF, that was not a problem for me.

·
Registered
302 Posts

I have had my MAC intake installed for about a month now. No problems at all. Much better price than an AEM, and I can't see how the quality could be any better.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Where did you guys find your MAC intakes? I remember looking at them before but I can't seem to remember where I was looking...

·
Registered
302 Posts

Originally posted by iheartmyzx3:
Where did you guys find your MAC intakes? I remember looking at them before but I can't seem to remember where I was looking...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Here is a nice write up on the MAC at MyFordFocus.com. They got it at Poorboys. I got mine on eBay, but I haven't seen any there lately.

·
Registered
19 Posts

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I got mine right here off of focaljet- Sponsor Deal

Try to PM or contact CFM some other way, they might have some left. There's probably other deals on a MAC in there as well.

Hope that helps.

-Fury

[ 12-18-2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Fury ]

·
Registered
314 Posts

Focus Central had them last time I checked. They are also one of our sponsors.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

ive had my MAC for a couple months now, and havent had any problems. install was easy, got it from central florida motorsports.

Jon

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Amanda...I ordered mine from CFM (Central Florida Motorsports)...one of FJ's sponsors. Go to www.c-f-m.com or call and ask for Hector. I think it ran me $109 and some change. Plus, if you order from CFM be sure to pick up a CFM T-shirt...I designed them for Hector!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts