Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
especially at that price

also does it remove the second cat??
if the second cat is removed, will there be any issues with emissions testing??

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i wasnt aware they made catbacks for the duratecs. i had the mbrp catback on my spi, and it was awesome.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i emailed them and he said they will fit, no changes were made

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
They are a very loud system, especially if you decide to put on a header. Also I think that it only being a 2.25" system, the school of thought is that a 2.5" system is more beneficial in the long run. If you decided to go the header & cams route that is.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i only plan on intake and cat back!! iits going to be annoying, I will throw down the extra loot for a better cat back. I was looking into the cosworth until I seen the price

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
MBRP will fit the Duratec engine

It deletes the 2nd cat just like the FocusSport exhaust and has a resonator.

It's not THAT loud or "annoying".
Sound clips:
http://cruzstyle.tripod.com

If you're going just for intake/exhaust...this will work out for you.
But people who plan on doing more to their Duratecs or adding a header, they opt for a bigger 2.5" exhaust like Borla or a TruBendz Magnaflow so they only have to buy one exhaust instead of upgrading again later

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
MBRP is LOUD. AtBlue5spzx3 has one.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MBRP will fit the Duratec engine

It deletes the 2nd cat just like the FocusSport exhaust and has a resonator.

It's not THAT loud or "annoying".
Sound clips:
http://cruzstyle.tripod.com

If you're going just for intake/exhaust...this will work out for you.
But people who plan on doing more to their Duratecs or adding a header, they opt for a bigger 2.5" exhaust like Borla or a TruBendz Magnaflow so they only have to buy one exhaust instead of upgrading again later
is that just the mbrp, any intake or anything
I might have to get a shop to cut that tip down

how long did it take u to install?? was install pretty simple and straight forward???

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
its an fj sponsor, or used to be, i havent seen thier banner up top in a while. www.mbrp.com they have catbacks on sale for 199 bucks. but i would call and make double sure they will fit on the duratec. all it says on the website is 2.0l. which could be zetec and spi also. i did have it on my spi, and it wasnt all god awful loud to me anyways. just my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
is that just the mbrp, any intake or anything
I might have to get a shop to cut that tip down

how long did it take u to install?? was install pretty simple and straight forward???
That's not my car or exhaust.
A guy from Focus Fanatics put it on his car, and he wasn't running anything else....just the exhaust.

He didn't have the exhaust in the rear hanger for some reason so that's why the tip was hanging low in that clip.

After you cut the stock exhaust off (cut where it's marked in the pic--in case you ever wanna go back to stock, it's easy to clamp together there):

Then it'll just bolt right up to the flex, then you slide the hangers in rubber mounts & clamp down the piping.
REALLY simple.
Just need a need a reciprocating saw/Sawzall (to cut stock exhaust off), floor jack and jack stands.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
its an fj sponsor, or used to be, i havent seen thier banner up top in a while. www.mbrp.com they have catbacks on sale for 199 bucks. but i would call and make double sure they will fit on the duratec. all it says on the website is 2.0l. which could be zetec and spi also. i did have it on my spi, and it wasnt all god awful loud to me anyways. just my opinion though.
MBRP is still a sponsor here on FJ
There banner pops up every now & then

And this (2.25") WILL fit the 2.3 & and the '05 2.0
It's been confirmed by people running this exhaust & by MBRP themselves

the 2.25" stainless exhaust is $199 + shipping (usually $30 or 35)
&
the 2.5" stainless exhaust is $229 + shipping, BUT this probably won't the Duratec. Someone on here had it on a Duratec but said it rubbed against the heat shield (making noise) and wouldn't recommend it after they took it off

1 - 13 of 13 Posts