Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can\'t people learn to drive?

It seems for the most part that "most" people can drive rather well, the problem lies with the people who can't drive worth s**t. I went home for lunch today, not something I do on a regular basis, and this retard can't decide which lane he want to drive in. So after making damn sure that he knew he wanted the right lane, as I start to pass him, he cuts me off and heads for the left turn lane. I pay no attention, I give no gesture or remark, but did mumble under my breath about where he could stick it, or something of that nature. I was able to get home with no other real issues. Remember though, there is always the drive BACK to work.

In my area they are doing some sewer construction, it happens to be near a highway on-ramp so the narrowed the lanes. Unfortunately people do not seem to notice this. They get right beside you and try to force their way past you. Well me on the other hand, being in the place on the road that I was supposed to be in, am forced to let them go, even though it is my right of way. It is either that or let them hit you, you push them into a phone poll, or you get hit by traffic on the side of you. Well all in all, 2 cars were about 4-6 inches from taking off my front bumper. After that, the driver of the second "car" a Kia Sedona has the audacity to flip me the bird, be cause she wanted to illegally force in front of me. That is what really aggrevates me, is when people have no respect for anything, while it is them at fault. Mind you I was in the right lane and the Kia wanted to turn left on to the freeway. So I head on up to the light I need to be at, when some idiot in a Mitsu Eclipse does a ricer fly-by on the street. He gets next to me, and decides to rev, to make sure I know that his car can go whoosh-fish-fish, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!, sounded like a lawn mower with a vaccuum leak. He give me some nasty look cause I don't want to race him then cuts like 3 people off to get in front of me.

Finally, some dumb bitch can't figure out that the light can not get any greener than it already is, as she proceeds to stop in the middle of the damn intersection and use her cell phone. I honk, and by then everyone is honking. She sticks her hand out the window and flips me and everyone off.

Oh god, I hate driving in the city.

Sorry for my rant, but I am sure you deal with stupiid drivers too.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Re: Why can\'t people learn to drive?

Like my mother always told me: "You can't just drive for yourself. You have to drive for every stupid mutha*cough* out there".

I live by those words today.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

so what you do is buy a truck from ooooh sayyy 1979, mud the hell out of it, wear a ski mask...and hit and run EVERY ONE of those stinkers. I am so sick of bad drivers. THey'v rear ended me once a year since i got my license. It's getting disgusting. really. disgusting.

·
Girly, Girly with Hot Sauce!
1,757 Posts

You know I like the idea of getting some beat the hell car and pissing all the others drivers off. My parents have a 1970 Chevy Malibu that I think we could use, it's like a tank. I am so tired of people not using blinkers or merging on to the freeway at 50mph. errrrr. Thank you for this post cuz I'm sure my husband is tired of hearing me complain.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

Stupid drivers = Axis of evil.
I mean really, how hard is it to chose a [censored] lane and stay in it? Please, people, when you can't decide on a lane it is not a good idea to split the difference and drive down the middle of the [censored] road.

·
Internet = Serious Business
628 Posts

Cops are 100% to blame for this. They completely fail to ticket "minor" infractions which in reality cause the most accidents. You only hear of a tailgating or failure to yield tickets given out AFTER an accident. The goal of law enforcement is to PREVENT accidents. I guess it's easier to convict someone of speeding so towns can get their money quicker.

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts

Well the "Idiots" on the road don't drive like "Idiots" when cops are around. Trust me there are plenty of "Idiots" in Chicago. It's amazing. One place in particular. There are two lanes that shift to the right so that a left lane magically appears and people can make a left. I don't know how many times I've been in the left lane wanting to go straight and the "IDIOT" in the right lane wants to merge into my lane for no damn reason at all. It's just disgusting how unattentive people are on the road.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts

the toyota secouia (sp) is my most hated car to see on the road. Soccer moms have ruined this vehicle for me and everytime i see one i fear my focus is crossing over its last miles

·
Registered
2,587 Posts

Well the "Idiots" on the road don't drive like "Idiots" when cops are around. Trust me there are plenty of "Idiots" in Chicago. It's amazing. One place in particular. There are two lanes that shift to the right so that a left lane magically appears and people can make a left. I don't know how many times I've been in the left lane wanting to go straight and the "IDIOT" in the right lane wants to merge into my lane for no damn reason at all. It's just disgusting how unattentive people are on the road.
Man, Chicago scares the heck outta me! I can't handle driving 80 miles an hour just to keep up with traffic (and STILL have people zooming by me!) and I don't know where I'm going. No offense.. but that is one of the last places I would want to drive!

·
Double-Wide Pride!!!
881 Posts

FUNNY! I was thinking about this on the way home from work today. I've come to the conclusion that (and I'm probably wrong,) people take no pride in how they drive. I mean I don't mean to over-glorify something as mundane as leaving the house for a slurpee at the 7-11, but, you see it in how the folks in front of you weave all over the road, talking on phones or to another beside them.
What I've decided to do for the rest of my life, is get the most enjoyment out of driving that I can. When I can. But for the other 90% of the time,....... I'm going to try to drive as perfectly as possible. I am going to be considerate to other drivers who although through their own lack of driving enthusiasm and apathy, usually piss me off. I'm going to keep a safe distance from others, ALWAYS (hear me Missouri?) use my turn signal. I will always strive to have good lane control, dim my brights a little earlier, and try to avoid heavy braking whenever possible. I will not speed. I want to be an example of what good driving is, not the "Jeez... look at that [censored]er" guy.

·
Registered
729 Posts

my dad gave me this advice,,,,,"they teach defensive driving,,,well u cant a defense without an offense,,,u and me are the offense" since then i dont worry bout people,,,,if they are in a yield lane and decide they want my spot, i dont move,,,,they are at fault and i can always get the car fixed,,,,stop signs are the same way,,,if someone jumps a sign or runs it,,,i dont stop for them,,,i lay into the accelerator and brace for impact,,,,99.9% of the time they will give

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts

my dad gave me this advice,,,,,"they teach defensive driving,,,well u cant a defense without an offense,,,u and me are the offense" since then i dont worry bout people,,,,if they are in a yield lane and decide they want my spot, i dont move,,,,they are at fault and i can always get the car fixed,,,,stop signs are the same way,,,if someone jumps a sign or runs it,,,i dont stop for them,,,i lay into the accelerator and brace for impact,,,,99.9% of the time they will give
until one idiot with no insurance decides to take u up on that game of chicken u play, then your SOL and have to deal with all the legal crap, hell if it were me, an illegal immigrant would probably hit me and be deported without paying a dime...

but then again, thats why i have full coverage.....

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

Mount a machine gun to your car like Xerofall wanted to do, and if anyone pisses you off shoot them.(which they probably wont, i mean, you'll have a friggin machine gun on your car!)

·
Registered
24 Posts

After a day of driving hell in missouri,I did a little research, and as far as I can tell its not illegal, in my state to have an antique cow catcher ,from an old steam train on the front of the car as long as the license plate is on the front

·
Registered
242 Posts

I completely agree with the lack of respect aspect.How someone can flip us off when their in the wrong always gets to me.

What I've decided to do for the rest of my life, is get the most enjoyment out of driving that I can. When I can. But for the other 90% of the time,....... I'm going to try to drive as perfectly as possible. I am going to be considerate to other drivers who although through their own lack of driving enthusiasm and apathy, usually piss me off. I'm going to keep a safe distance from others, ALWAYS (hear me Missouri?) use my turn signal. I will always strive to have good lane control, dim my brights a little earlier, and try to avoid heavy braking whenever possible. I will not speed. I want to be an example of what good driving is, not the "Jeez... look at that [censored]er" guy.
Well said.

This is exactly what I'm trying to do now also.
If we've got the opening to have some fun we take it,if not just relax and go with the flow.

Great ideas from you guys also.

rich

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

my dad gave me this advice,,,,,"they teach defensive driving,,,well u cant a defense without an offense,,,u and me are the offense"
yea and its because of you i have to drive on a defense
thanks a lot

·
Registered
29 Posts

So im taking my daughter to the doc's office and im in a hurry, she starts school the next day and she wakes up with pink eye. Im not going to fast, 80ish cause it's about 8:45 and the only appt the doc had was at 9. So I come up on a few cars in the fast lane, give them a chance to get clear to change lanes, count to 15 and if they haven't moved ill go around them. (chances are they're on the cell or eating but what ever) So i come upon and old 79 280z, what a P.O.S. so he's a "mobile oil change" (high school drop out)says the sticker on his window. he's doing about 60 in the fast lane, he get's the chance to let me pass and he dosen't, he get a second chance, and he doesn't. so i figure ill just go around him,(im not mad at this point)
my chance comes, i start to go around him and he speeds up!
So i get back behind him wait and try again. no go he speeds up again. now im a little upset, so i try for the 3rd time, and as im passing him, this [censored] turns and laughs at me! that put me to the edge, so i get passed him and back into the fast lane, look into the rear view and he's flipping me off, i lost it. I then proceded to put a flat spot into all of my tires. trying to coax this guy off of the freeway or at least to the side of it so that i could kick the [censored] out of him and his car. to my delight, he start's to follow. yes, im finally going to get some revenge. as i get on the off ramp, he jumps back on the freeway. [censored]. thank god for a green light at the top of the off ramp. and im right back on, having a vision in my head of days of thunder, when tom comes out of the pits to just T-bone the guy. I found my self thinking that hey I have full coverage why not? don't worry I looked at my daughter in the seat next to me and realized that it's not a good idea. but now I carry some ball bearings in the little tray above the radio. whatch out all you [censored]!

-Ken

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

So im taking my daughter to the doc's office and im in a hurry, she starts school the next day and she wakes up with pink eye. Im not going to fast, 80ish cause it's about 8:45 and the only appt the doc had was at 9. So I come up on a few cars in the fast lane, give them a chance to get clear to change lanes, count to 15 and if they haven't moved ill go around them. (chances are they're on the cell or eating but what ever) So i come upon and old 79 280z, what a P.O.S. so he's a "mobile oil change" (high school drop out)says the sticker on his window. he's doing about 60 in the fast lane, he get's the chance to let me pass and he dosen't, he get a second chance, and he doesn't. so i figure ill just go around him,(im not mad at this point)
my chance comes, i start to go around him and he speeds up!
So i get back behind him wait and try again. no go he speeds up again. now im a little upset, so i try for the 3rd time, and as im passing him, this [censored] turns and laughs at me! that put me to the edge, so i get passed him and back into the fast lane, look into the rear view and he's flipping me off, i lost it. I then proceded to put a flat spot into all of my tires. trying to coax this guy off of the freeway or at least to the side of it so that i could kick the [censored] out of him and his car. to my delight, he start's to follow. yes, im finally going to get some revenge. as i get on the off ramp, he jumps back on the freeway. [censored]. thank god for a green light at the top of the off ramp. and im right back on, having a vision in my head of days of thunder, when tom comes out of the pits to just T-bone the guy. I found my self thinking that hey I have full coverage why not? don't worry I looked at my daughter in the seat next to me and realized that it's not a good idea. but now I carry some ball bearings in the little tray above the radio. whatch out all you [censored]!

-Ken
Damn man, anger management?

Whenever people harass me on the road, I pull the hell over!

·
Registered
295 Posts

Mount a machine gun to your car like Xerofall wanted to do, and if anyone pisses you off shoot them.(which they probably wont, i mean, you'll have a friggin machine gun on your car!)

MAYbe not a machine gun... but a full-auto PAINTBALL gun mounted behind the front bumper, angled up slightly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts