Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can\'t we have this!?

I was looking at BMW.com out of total boredom the other day and came across this M3 that they offer overseas. It's called the M3 CSL. Wow, has like 350HP or something, lowered, 19s, wider in front... looks great. Just another example of the U.S. getting the shaft on great cars. Fortunatly some companies are starting to notice us (STi, EVO).
--- Sorry if this is old news.

Link: M3 CSL

--- Sorry guys if the pics are too big, I don't have anything to resize them.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Re: Why can\'t we have this!?

Just wait, I bet you will see it here in no time. Audi just released pricing on their new NA 8 cylinder S4 and it's priced around the mid 40's and with options it's more like mid 50's and offering 344HP. I highly doubt that BMW is going to let Audi outpower their 333HP North American M3 with the S4. We might also see an 8 cylinder M3 when the RS4 is released too.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

emulous, i think i've mentioned the csl to you as the BMW i would want. if only we could have it here... and i do bet BMW will bring it... mercedes just outpowered their M5 (which they have plans for), so why let audi outpower the 2 door?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

Just wait, I bet you will see it here in no time. Audi just released pricing on their new NA 8 cylinder S4 and it's priced around the mid 40's and with options it's more like mid 50's and offering 344HP. I highly doubt that BMW is going to let Audi outpower their 333HP North American M3 with the S4. We might also see an 8 cylinder M3 when the RS4 is released too.
Wouldn't that make it an S-8??
(8 Cylinder??)
Maybe I've Misunderstood their Designations?

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts

Wouldn't that make it an S-8??
(8 Cylinder??)
Maybe I've Misunderstood their Designations?

The Audi numbers are just model designations like... Say BMW. A4/S4/RS4 are all the same model base. A6/S6 and A8/S8 are all a different series, like the BMW 3, 5, and 7 series... Likely not a coincidence that Audi has chosen to use BMW numbers+1, since that is their target market.

·
Registered
530 Posts

a little ray of sunshine... overseas we have a lot of car models that are not available. we also ahve a lot of options that you cant get stateside... but try buying a japanese crotch-rocket in japan and you'll spend your coffee break wondering why it costs more and is WAY slower than US versions... The germans might be screwing us, but the only thing japan holds back is the skyline (i've driven many, they're sick)

·
Registered
537 Posts

My roomate has a M3 as pictures, for the most part he can get all the parts to make his a CSL.

Primarily the CSL is mostly weight saving parts more than anything else. I wasnt even aware it had a different engine tuning

·
Registered
751 Posts

http://bmwusa.com/site_layout/models/0342/performance/index.html

Look at the new 330i performance package. Only comes in red, retuned exhaust, new cam, new managment, short throw six speed, alcanatara interior, cool trim, new front bumper, 18 inch wheels, retuned suspension, etc.

Its not an M3 and definitly not on par with the CSL but I think the car is damn cool. It shows BMW is putting in an effort to make their cars sportier. This is basically a 4 door M3 with a little less power. But 0-60 in 5.9 is fine for me in a fairly heavy 4 door car

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

Me likey!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts