Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive now had 3 different suspension setups on my car (stock, svt intrax springs, and now fk coilovers). Each setup(not sure about stock I never payed attention) leaves my car higher on the passenger rear side of the car. I know that with coilovers I can fix the adjustment, but I was just wonder why this might be happening. It just bugs me that it is like that. (I though other people had this problem but I dont remember)

Thanks
Kee

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've heard the suspension pick up points aren't necessarily always in the same place on every car. I know my camber varies from left to right by maybe .4 or .5 degrees, on both the front and rear. Maybe it's the same on more expensive cars, but then they are more adjustable to compensate for it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I just really wish I knew what was causing the problems so I could get it fixed.

kee

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
same is happening with my progress springs. even when i get out and get behind my car, it leans on the driver side and looks like someone is still in it.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I'm not positive here, so don't crucify me if this sounds stupid, but I've always noticed my front driver's side tire appears to be low, even when it's at the same exact PSI as the other tires.

I'm thinking maybe the driver's side of the car is a lot heavier than the passenger's side.

???

·
Registered
537 Posts
Team DFL and I have both posted cornerweight numbers in the racing forum.

These are his weights with him in the car (zx3) He weighs 185?

With driver:

LF: 883 RF: 841

LR: 532 RR: 486

Total: 2742
Cross: 49.93% or .03
Left: 51.60% or 1.6
Front: 62.87% or 12.87

Below is my weights

We put my car up on the Longacre scales today and I figured some of you guys might be interested in the data. 2002 SVT, CF hood, 17 Rota SDRs, Borla, Intake, ORP, UDP, Kumho MX tires. (Just so you can think of anything weight wise making a difference)

This is what all seats in and spare in and leaving in the 5lbs of crap papers and CDs in the trunk.

This is also with a Full tank of gas

Without Me
LF 857 RF 832
LR 532 RR 550

Left 1389 50.1%
Rear 1082 39.1% (so Front/Rear is 61/39 is a 61% bias)
Cross 1363 49.2%

Total 2771

With Me
LF 912 RF 850
LR 582 RR 569

Total 2912

So as you can see. Yes the front driver side does carry more weight and the right rear is the lightest part of the car. None of my suspension setups have ever shown the issue you guys speak of however. This is counting stock, Intrax Springs, and my current setup. Of course I dont think the weight would affect my current setup much given the stiffness of my springs.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm not positive here, so don't crucify me if this sounds stupid, but I've always noticed my front driver's side tire appears to be low, even when it's at the same exact PSI as the other tires.
mine does that too. no idea why.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
same is happening with my progress springs. even when i get out and get behind my car, it leans on the driver side and looks like someone is still in it.
Diet?
I've noticed the same thing since I lowered mine, one of hose things that I can only tell though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts