Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wider wheelbase - 30mm spacers too much for stock 16\'s?

Hi,

I really wanted wider wheels/tires for my ZX3... but I decided to keep the stock 16 and get wheel spacers...

My question here is... Is 30mm too much for the rear (w/ stock 16's)?

I don't have my zx3 right now so I can't measure it... I want 30mm for the rear and 15mm for the front.

so what do guys think?

I already did a "seach" but I could not find any pictures here..

Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: Wider wheelbase - 30mm spacers too much for stock 16\'s?

with 30mm, it's not a question on "will they fit?" but a question of thread engagment on the lugnuts. I hope you plan on using longer wheelstuds if you use 30mmm spacers....good luck.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hi Mike... thanks for the advice... I know, the kit comes with everything you need to install the 30mm spacers.

it's from FKNORTHAMERICA.COM (you've probably seen their banner here on the jet) They are made in germany; very solid...

I just wanted to how the focus would look with those spaces + stock 16's... All I found so far was a pic canuck's car with 10mm spacers (but no stock 16's...)

...anyone?

·
Registered
263 Posts

Stock offset on your car is 50mm so with the 30mm rear and 15mm front it's as if you're running 20mm offset rear and 35mm offset front . . . very aggressive look with a strong possibility of rubbing based on what others Focus owners have run into

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts

Wow.. 30mm = well over an inch. I'd bet money you'd rub whenever your suspension compresses.

I know 5mm works fine with stock wheels.. Maybe something in the middle like a 15mm or so?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

Wow! I didn't do the conversion in my head when I read this thread earlier. Damn metric. I didn't realize how much that was at first. I have custom hubcentric 1/4" front spacers for auto-x and that is pretty much all I would want to see the wheel hanging off the hub. If you really want the wheels spaced out that far, I would first look for wheels with a different offset. Kind of along Cy's thinking. But I also agree with Omni, I think you're probably going to have some rubbing problems at that offset anyway. Especially at the stock tire size. Unless you go with 14" wheels with something like a 45 or 50 series tire.
Maybe you'd want to look for some 14" gold wire wheels.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Maybe you'd want to look for some 14" gold wire wheels.
...no that not the kind of look I was going for...

...well for some stupid reason I thought that 1 inch or so would not be so much... oh well, I already ordered the 30mm for the rear and 15mm for the front...

I don't have my car right now so I could not measure it... I thought that 30mm would "poke out" just 5mm... I don't know...

I guess I'll just have to wait and see...
I just hope I didn't turn my ZX3 into some kind of funny-looking "clown car"...

...That rieger focus looks so cool...

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB4&Number=702422&Forum=UBB4&Words=rieger&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=100&Old=1year&Main=702422&Search=true#Post702422

1 - 7 of 7 Posts