Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend ran a 15.7 in 1/4. I he installs a jackson racing supercharger. If he has a good run. Will he be in the 14s like he wants?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Hehe, sorry to be a d!ck. Just not partial to the JRSC for the Zetec.

Anyway, seriously, depending on his mods as of now, I don't see it happening. JRSC has offers a sweet powerband but the power output just doesn't cut it for what it is and for what it's priced at...at least on a stock motor.

What kind of trap speeds is he hitting and with what kind of mods?

·
Registered
315 Posts
It is possible to hit high 14's 14.8/14.9 with the standard kit and at least a few additional bolt onns , intake TB, Header, Cat back.

"shaving some weight" will help cut a tenth or two. This kit is not built for the kind of power needed to run 13 or 14 second time slips "standard ZX3 kit". Reliability and usable streetable power would be a good description of the kit. I would not do more than a pass or two with the kit due to the higher underhood temps. This will only lower your friends time slips. The charger gets real hot when pushed hard.

I have it and love it. It doesen't have enough juice to race it! That's why I am hoping that JR will soon offer the boost upgrade kit.

Highway driving feels great with the JRSC you dont have to downshift to pass slower moving vehicles. So for every day driving my car runs real strong just not fast enough to drag race it at the track.

George

·
Registered
186 Posts
FORGET IT!
good luck though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts