Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I was browsing through a couple of posts on here when I came across someone saying that their was an exhaust called MBPR (I think thats right). This exhaust interested me because people have said that it was one of the most throatiest but loudest exhaust systems out there for the focus. I like the throatiest part but not quite sure about the loud part b/c of police issues. Well upon browsing modernperformance.com, I came across some Stainless Steel Resonators and I was wondering that if I used those resonators when if i bought the exhaust how much of a difference in loudness will it decrease??

·
Registered
198 Posts
I could be wrong,but i think resonators mostly get rid of the pops and giggles&farts on the over run,so they may remove some of the sharper notes..hope someone who really knows pops up here for ya.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Just go for the MBRP with the larger resonator.

Little bit quieter, still MBRP quality and still have that great sound.

- Drew

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where can I order one of these with the larger resonator?? And does anyone have a pic of what this Exhaust even looks like??

·
Registered
144 Posts
well i have the MBRP/race header combo & that is damn loud but i just got the larger resonstor & it tone it down alot it's loud but only when you put your foot in it
but when you drive cool it has a real nice tone

i almost forgot just call MBRP they will take care of you

[ 01-02-2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Zeke'sTS ]

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
if you do go with the MBRP might i suggest one of these: http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1280&prmenbr=361 they're not that expensive and they're a lot better than the c-clamp that comes with it. the c-clamp has a tendancy to leak a bit no matter how hard you tighten it.

the MBRP is nice and throaty, i love mine. it's a bit on the loud side though. if you're looking for throaty this is the one to go with, i've had mine on for months now and i still love to crank the windows down, turn off the stereo, and just listen to the exhaust note.

Nate

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Originally posted by focusownerskid:
Just go for the MBRP with the larger resonator.

Little bit quieter, still MBRP quality and still have that great sound.

- Drew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">also, drew's right on that part, just get the bigger resonator if you want to tone it down.

Nate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts