Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason why I'm asking. I'm getting the AEM longtube. A buddy of mine has the injen longtube and the borla and his car is quieter than mine with the iceman and borla.

Any insight???

Ollie

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Yes it will.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by Ollie18:
how come, that my buddy's car is quieter with the borla and the injen than mine?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have no idea but I can tell you this.

A fellow 808 Focaljetter (WingsWestZTS) has the AEM CAI on his automatic and it's pretty loud. Louder then his Borla exhaust system.

I have an Iceman CAI put on before the Vibrant went on my car. The CAI didn't make any type of sound. It's as if I still had my stock intake setup.

IMO, the Iceman sucks as it just replaces the stock tubing and still utilizes the stock air box. Stock air box = restriction! I only recommend the AEM CAI. Remember...that's my recommendation.

Need I say more?

- Hi-Risk "post whoring is an art"

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Hi-Risk:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Ollie18:
how come, that my buddy's car is quieter with the borla and the injen than mine?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have no idea but I can tell you this.

A fellow 808 Focaljetter (WingsWestZTS) has the AEM CAI on his automatic and it's pretty loud. Louder then his Borla exhaust system.

I have an Iceman CAI put on before the Vibrant went on my car. The CAI didn't make any type of sound. It's as if I still had my stock intake setup.

IMO, the Iceman sucks as it just replaces the stock tubing and still utilizes the stock air box. Stock air box = restriction! I only recommend the AEM CAI. Remember...that's my recommendation.

Need I say more?

- Hi-Risk "post whoring is an art"
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well...just cuz of you I ordered the AEM.

kidding. I ordered it yesterday. I just wanted to know what some of u guys think. I'm getting the polished AEM CIA. Can;t wait. Ollie

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the AEM and it does sometimes get louder than my exhaust. Sounds nice though.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Well...just cuz of you I ordered the AEM.

kidding. I ordered it yesterday. I just wanted to know what some of u guys think. I'm getting the polished AEM CIA. Can;t wait. Ollie
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
The polished version? Damn you lucky guy!

·
Registered
294 Posts
AEM is good stuff!
Glad to see its becoming more popular on here...
It seems like when i first came everyone was trying out there "sweet ram-air" ghetto setups.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
yeah that "ram air" just doesnt seem practicle to me....i plan on using the FC hood to achieve some sort of ram air....no dryer hose

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
My Iceman/FS cool flo gets louder than my exhaust by far at high rpms...Any cone filter style intake will be way louder than Ice Man

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
My Iceman/FS cool flo gets louder than my exhaust by far at high rpms...Any cone filter style intake will be way louder than Ice Man
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ANy setup where the cone filter is in the engine bay is going to be loud

I went from Iceman/Coolflo to AEM.
it's a lot quieter than my iceman/CF version but the gains feel the same

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey guys...all installed. was a bitch to do thoug. since the instructions weren't com,plete at all. pictures were missing..text was missing...so I had to call them up. Good customer service though.

As for the sound...I started it up, but couldn;t really tell the difference. I'm taking it for a ride in abotu 20 min..and than we will see.

I LOVE the polished version...looks helluva tight!

Ollie

thanx again...everybody!

·
Registered
294 Posts

I LOVE the polished version...looks helluva tight!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah yeah dont rub it in...if anyone ever want a quick $25 i'll swap my red one for a polished one...they all work the same after all

·
Registered
235 Posts
The reason why I'm asking. I'm getting the AEM longtube. A buddy of mine has the injen longtube and the borla and his car is quieter than mine with the iceman and borla.

Any insight???

Ollie
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you're talking about Sprout, you should hear his car now!

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by JRez:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Ollie18:

Any insight???

Ollie
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you're talking about Sprout, you should hear his car now!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was talking about adam

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by myFordFocus.com:
See, you should have checked out the myFordFocus.com How-To Library, complete with streaming video of the AEM install

http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/aem-cai.htm
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ray..thanx man. I shuld have thought about this. I will still check it out and see if everything went ok. But let me tell you...I couldn;t believe when I saw the instructions that AEM send. Words missing, illustrations that were supposed to be there weren't. But the customer service was pretty good. Ollie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts