Ford Focus Forum banner

Will the D20 be going the way of the dodo?

627 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  TravEsD20 
#1 ·
I ask because I've been hearing alot of rumors saying that the D20 motor will be discontinued in another year or so. They say that the 2006 will be equiped with the D23 standerd and an optional V6. They don't say anything about the D20 or it's counter part the D20E (which I have). Did I just buy another SPI (persay)
?

See less See more
#2 ·
I ask because I've been hearing alot of rumors saying that the D20 motor will be discontinued in another year or so. They say that the 2006 will be equiped with the D23 standerd and an optional V6. They don't say anything about the D20 or it's counter part the D20E (which I have). Did I just buy another SPI (persay)
?
Are you talking about the 2006 fusion?

#3 ·
Did I just buy another SPI (persay)
?

Come on dude, snap out of it.

The D20 is a fantastic motor and will still be used in the rest of the world as will the 1.8 version Duratec...

#4 ·
It's TRUE though. I spoke with all the manufacturers out there & their reps all told me they didn't want to produce for the d20 because they wanted to make the people who bought them feel stupid. They were laughing under their breath ("dumb-ass's, lol bought another SPI! lol")

#5 ·
It's TRUE though. I spoke with all the manufacturers out there & their reps all told me they didn't want to produce for the d20 because they wanted to make the people who bought them feel stupid. They were laughing under their breath ("dumb-ass's, lol bought another SPI! lol")

You suck
. I'm just worried that's all. I can't afford to have another SPI. I was just hearing rumors, then I posted, found out about the Ford Fusion, felt like a dumb ass for posting and now I'm leaving. Thank you

#7 ·
There was a thread here a few months ago where Walter Marcy was explaining that the 2.0 was better suited to be a rev-monster. It's shorter stroke would allow it to be built to go well above 8krmp. (Granted A LOT of prep-work needed to be done)

The longer stroke of the 2.3 make those kind of rpms a little more difficult to achieve. One person compared the piston speeds neccesary to do that with the 23 equivalent to the piston speeds of an f1 engine.

Disclaimer: None of this is first hand knowledge ofcourse- I read it all here on [FJ]!

#9 ·
There was a thread here a few months ago where Walter Marcy was explaining that the 2.0 was better suited to be a rev-monster. It's shorter stroke would allow it to be built to go well above 8krmp. (Granted A LOT of prep-work needed to be done)

The longer stroke of the 2.3 make those kind of rpms a little more difficult to achieve. One person compared the piston speeds neccesary to do that with the 23 equivalent to the piston speeds of an f1 engine.

Disclaimer: None of this is first hand knowledge ofcourse- I read it all here on [FJ]!
Well no matter what I can't do anything right now do to money issues (and other things). Let alone all the prep work

#11 ·
dude..you have an ATX, why do you care what the future of your engine holds
Thank you for bringing that to my attention
. I actually have a MTX. How else do you think I was able to keep up w/ you guys the other night
Damn, you must have changed your signature!!!

#13 ·
I can't do anything right now do to money issues (and other things). Let alone all the prep work
Meeeoooow, e*crack of whip...
Hey man, I did send you that link. You should be able to do something. Oh, wait, you already took out the HC traps and cut down the antenna...

It's all good Trav, I'm stuck w/ the rare bird down here in SD, the '03 Zetec hatch. All those mods, and I'm lucky just to hang on...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.