Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have no solid plans for a Jetfest 3. Our original plan was to alternate every other year with our friends at Focus on the Beach.

But, we've had a good response to this year's event and are thinking about what we should do, if anything, for 2008.

What say you?

·
Registered
911 Posts
yes to jf3. It would be great if it were somewhere on the east coast. Or even better in Florida (Daytona, Orlando, Lakeland, etc.)

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
I think as long as it is far enough away and diverse enough from FOTB, then it would work fine. I'd try and go to both. :)

Try not to compete with FocusFest though! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
there better damn well be a JF3

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
focaljet-1 said:
We have no solid plans for a Jetfest 3. Our original plan was to alternate every other year with our friends at Focus on the Beach.

But, we've had a good response to this year's event and are thinking about what we should do, if anything, for 2008.

What say you?
what would you say if they offer it at the same place it was this year?
umm focaljet-1??:dunno:

& i say as all as its mid west & west i'm cool:thumbup:
i'll try to go!!

Bobby:hump:

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
If Tire Rack is in, maybe have it back in Indiana?

Heck, if you made it Detroit, see if you could even get some support from Ford and do some sort of cross promotion at the plant i.e. JF2008 and the 2008 Ford Focus.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Heartland Park, or Mid-Ohio, or maybe Atlanta somewhere...
In other words, more Easterly Central, but not so far East that even the Middle of the country has to travel a jillion miles.
Those 3 options offer a variety of facilities.
:)

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
^^ oooooo, Road Atlanta. :D

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I say have it on the east coast this time around. The West has their fun FOTB JF2, and it's Cali. The East has nothing.

Although zetecgt and I tried to organize a FOTB East Coast (although that name can't be used because people decided to whine about it even tho we weren't promoting anything...teh gay), and 3 people showed. Apparently EC people aren't as motivated as WC people.

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
i think atlanta is still too far from the west coast. granted they got to have it this year. i guess it does need to bound around. I will likely drive to where ever it is. and hopefully fotb too

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Yeah I think it's safe to say it's the east coast's time. Midwest had theirs the first year, Cali the second year, east this year. Either that or do it in Texas...prob would get better turnout since it'd be in the exact middle of the country. Either that or only people from the central U.S. would show.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would love a midwest JF3. I haven't been able to make to any large get togethers. Somewhere in the middle just makes sense. You're more likely to have people from all over attend.

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
how about colorado or Miller Motorsport park in Salt Lake city.

or a cool track like soem of these east coast tracks i hear about like road america, road atlanta, rolling rock(not sure if thats one, but it seems like i saw pics from there once). something green and not too humid!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
chewbacca said:
rolling rock(not sure if thats one, but it seems like i saw pics from there once). something green and not too humid!
:lol:
Rolling Rock is a Beer.
There's Lime Rock, and there's Roebling Road.
BTW, IMHO, Colorado and Utah might as well be Cali for most of the country.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
GapBoyPCS said:
Heck, if you made it Detroit, see if you could even get some support from Ford and do some sort of cross promotion at the plant i.e. JF2008 and the 2008 Ford Focus.

Exactly!

I mean, most of us hate the car, but it would still be cool to have it at World HQ! :lol:

Maybe even get onto the test track :)

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
chewbacca

something green and not too humid!
:lol:

You do realize that anything west of Denver is usually quite humid...

Having said that, though, the next JetFest would be nice in the south or the east coast.

:party:

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
secondechomatt said:
Exactly!

I mean, most of us hate the car, but it would still be cool to have it at World HQ! :lol:

Maybe even get onto the test track :)
As long as they don't make us go 30 mph on that test track again :( (That was my speed when I did the charity laps at Ford 100 - Ford "restricted" our speed)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Only my 2 cents,

I don't know if you would call it Jet Fest 2.5 or something else but I would like to see another event in the Detroit area Dearborn/Wayne the home of the Focus, Maybe one of the Ford events, Or even a show of support at the new Detroit Grand Prix on Belle Isle at the end of summer that Roger Penske is putting together this year? Tie it in to the intro of the new Focus? I think a big show of support and loyalty by all of us in front of the every automotive manufacture from all around the world here in the Motor City would be awesome.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
^^ that would be interesting... :)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts