Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'd like to see the event somewhere in the SouthEast as I have really been wanting to go to JF of the past but the drive has been long and school sucks. The midwest seems pretty good but a place like detroit would have to be scheduled strategically due to the weather. So maybe places like Sebring, Road Atlanta, Gateway International (St. Louis), Detroit. Ultimately bring it to Florida!!!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
what about JetFest Regionals? split it up into quadrants, a la GoodGuys.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
mikeyboy said:
what about JetFest Regionals? split it up into quadrants, a la GoodGuys.
Not a bad idea. People have suggested similar things before. If there is a way to pull it off then you might be right. The problem is that there is not as much excitement in the Focus community right now. Something needs to come along and supercharge interest in the car itself.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
mabe thats where we come in?

·
Registered
641 Posts
focaljet-1 said:
Not a bad idea. People have suggested similar things before. If there is a way to pull it off then you might be right. The problem is that there is not as much excitement in the Focus community right now. Something needs to come along and supercharge interest in the car itself.
Agreed, not a bad idea at all. If the scope of the GTG was kept within reason it could be pulled off, would be tough to provide JF1 or 2 size events in four areas in one year.

As far as supercharging interest all I can do is suggest that as many people as possible get out to their local autocross, road course or dragstrip and get the Focus in people's faces.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
GoatRoper said:
As far as supercharging interest all I can do is suggest that as many people as possible get out to their local autocross, road course or dragstrip and get the Focus in people's faces.
I suprise many vett owners at the local road course, they come to me asking about mods , I say most of it is stock SVT stuff:rock:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
GoatRoper said:
... would be tough to provide JF1 or 2 size events in four areas in one year.
oh, i strongly disagree. i believe if they were regional, you'd get MORE people to show up, just not the same people at every event.

take the northwest forum for instance. probably a dozen of us active daily on the forum, another three or four dozen pop in occasionally. how many of us drove to fontana? one.

what if it was only 300 miles instead of 1200? probably a lot more.

need to use frappr or use the registration DB to geographically plot the concentrations of members and then draw radii out from possible locations and see who falls into the circles.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
deaconblue23 said:
I like the Indiana idea. I like that it would be centally located for the most part. I would definetly show up if it was in IN, IL, OH, TN, KY, etc. I could see a lot of people showing up from all over the US. I used to live in Cali and I know how big the car scene is out there but I do not think it is very fair to have it strictly out there, but that is just my $0.02. Whatever choice is made I am sure it will be the right one!:thumbup:

The first one was in Indiana....it's the south's turn now! lol

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
focaljet-1 said:
Sounds like a potential JetFest 2010-11? Nothing good coming soon...

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
I agree with mikeyboy. The easier it is to get groups together, the more will come out and the focus will be in more view! I wont go to an east coast meet and many east dudes could go to JF2. Having at least 2 "JF's" simultaneously or near simultaneously will get a lot more people togetha'.

·
Registered
848 Posts
tallguy2.3 said:
I agree with mikeyboy. The easier it is to get groups together, the more will come out and the focus will be in more view! I wont go to an east coast meet and many east dudes could go to JF2. Having at least 2 "JF's" simultaneously or near simultaneously will get a lot more people togetha'.
This is true but I don't see splitting up the event feasible as groups could make a get together anytime they want. Plus, I think its better in this case to put all your eggs in one basket. If focaljet is to sponsor something big (renting a race track, etc.) which is the big reason I want to go to a JF then I think 1 a year or so is about right. Also, although one big event may not have as much turnout as 4 events combined, in the same way it might; because some people may not care as much going to a smaller regional get together yet may be receptive to a bigger nationwide event.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts