Ford Focus Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Educating Mazda Owners One Thread at a Time
4,723 Posts
I vote for Chicago, of course, though anything within 300 or so miles of here would see my attendance for sure.

I would have been all over JF2 if I could have taken the time off from school.

Seeing as how I graduate in a few weeks, that won't be so much of a problem in the future. I'll just need enough advance notice to get the time off from work if need be.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
i was gonna make a joke about chicago already being a candidate for the olympics in 2016, then i got thinking -- why don't we choose a location like the olympics?

every locality can do their own research about venues, accommodations, etc. (give us an outline) and we go do all the legwork. each region (that wants to) can submit a proposal, and then the International JetFest Committee convenes to select finalists, and then a winner. :D

just no flowery opening ceremonies that go on and on and on for hours!

[Edit]: i just realized, we'll need some capital to bribe local officials, better start inventorying and selling off CharlesWA's spare focus parts! :lol:

·
Registered
867 Posts
mikeyboy said:
i was gonna make a joke about chicago already being a candidate for the olympics in 2016, then i got thinking -- why don't we choose a location like the olympics?

every locality can do their own research about venues, accommodations, etc. (give us an outline) and we go do all the legwork. each region (that wants to) can submit a proposal, and then the International JetFest Committee convenes to select finalists, and then a winner. :D

just no flowery opening ceremonies that go on and on and on for hours!

[Edit]: i just realized, we'll need some capital to bribe local officials, better start inventorying and selling off CharlesWA's spare focus parts! :lol:
I think people should do this anyway. It definitely won't hurt the cause. It'd be kind of cool to see what some people slap together to advertise their city. Personally, I'd show you the amazing facility we have here, and then I'd show you the two minute drive to the strip club from the track. Oh, and you can see The Arch from the parking lot. :hump:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ted7rns said:
Here's my picks

Road America
Watkins Glen
VIR
Sebring International Raceway
Mid-Ohio
Iowa Speedway
I concur with Road America - not just cause I live here - but the fact its the finest natural road course in north america. My pics in order would be:

Road America
Road Atlanta
Seca
Mid O
The AutoBahn club (Joliet IL)

·
I'm a Self Cleaning Oven!
1,704 Posts
Yes, have a Jetfest 3. My wife said you were going to have another one when she told me I couldn't go to Jetfest 2. Please don't make her a liar. :lol:

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I thought we were doing an "around the USA" theme with the jetfests? Wouldn't that put the next JF somewhere on the south end of the US? like texas area? Don't get me wrong I'm all for the east coast, but just curious why everyone seems to want to skip out on the south :dunno:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I cant wait for one of these big events!
I cant wait to show up to one even if my foci is a peace of crap! There seem to be alot of cool people on both message boards! Chris

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Johnny_P said:
I thought we were doing an "around the USA" theme with the jetfests? Wouldn't that put the next JF somewhere on the south end of the US? like texas area? Don't get me wrong I'm all for the east coast, but just curious why everyone seems to want to skip out on the south :dunno:
No official announcememnt has been made about Jetfest 3 so no one is "skipping out on the south".

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Maybe conjuction with WaterFest/H20?

One big Euro Party!!

81 - 96 of 96 Posts