Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
What's the fastest time a focus has ever put down at Cali-Speedway? I'm sure we can't touch a 144.19 if an RUF was doing it, but still...what can we expect from the FS turbo car and other such boosted foci?

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think low-to-mid 1:50s, maybe 1:52 even will be the goal for Focuses. I'd be stoked to break the 2-minute mark.

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
is that 1 minute 44 secs or 144 seconds cus that'd be 2 mins 24 seconds???

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Normally those first two cars at the start of the race do run with us. His name is Steve Bernhiem... But they also race in Grand-Am.

They are easy to pick out because they always run white Porsches with dots on them.

I believe once in an Enduro at Willow Springs Steve did a 1:25 in a 700hp Twin Turbo 993 GT2 car.
http://www.bernheimracing.com/

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
This one place we haven't ran the Spec Focus yet. I would think a Spec Focus should run around 2:02 to 2:04.

I believe Bernhiem did a 1:40 in a Twin Turbo 993, The fastest NASA TT car was Patrick Lindsey in a Audi S4 at 1:50.2

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
thefrush said:
I think low-to-mid 1:50s, maybe 1:52 even will be the goal for Focuses. I'd be stoked to break the 2-minute mark.
Sounds a bit optimistic to me, but I like your thinkin'. :thumbup:

I love the timididty and nervousness a new track brings. Can't wait.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
The S2000 in the instructor vid ran a super smooth 2:08, but he didn't seem like he was pushing it. Overexagerating the correct line, getting on the throttle a bit later than a race, and not clipping off the apexes. That is how I wanna be this weekend. Smooth.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
omfg nvm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts