Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d like to get the Volant intake but noticed in a catalog picture that the intake enclosure sits right in between the fuse box and the battery. Will this intake enclosure fit if I have a FS Strut bar that runs right next to the fuse?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well, there are people that have that setup. But, from all the pics I have seen the Volant does not sit correctly with the FS strut bar. The bar forces the Volant to sit tilted. I personally will not get the FS bar for that reason.

Eric

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice!

Well, if I can't fit the Volant intake with the FS bar can I use the K&N intake?

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
wait, what bar are people using with the Volant then, cuz i know people are doing it

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
The Volant and the FS bar WILL fit together. It does push the Volant a few inches forward though. But it DOES fit.

[ 10-10-2002, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: zx3ford ]

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
and it rattles like crazy at idle. I took some of my extra silicone hose and wrapped it around my strut bar to cushion between the two. Now it is still rattling but I'm not sure from where. My car has been making some strange sounds lately.

Jason

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
I had one on and no rattles. I think that it also had to do with the fact that I went with the Prothane lower engine mount though.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
well hell yeah! looks like i'll be getting a strut bar soon.....i was kinda bumed out cause i wouldnt beable to get one....oh well...time to focus on the suspension for a while.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Originally posted by Stay Focused:
If this were my Volant and FS strut bar, I'd consider putting a notch the Volant box and route the bar through the notch.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">eh, i'm not big on hacking up things i pay over 200 bucks for

·
Registered
542 Posts
Those pics zx3ford listed are of my car and I can say that not only does it fit well but it is quiet and doesn't rattle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts