Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is will you lose much power by bagging the CAT and adding a muffler to the line. Basically two muffs in one line?

·
Registered
164 Posts
heh, you said muff

-j

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I dont fully understand??In the exhaust? or yuo mean put a muffler from the header to flex pipe?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Looks like he means if he replaced the CAT with a test pipe. Then adding another muffler/resonator. Would power be lost doing it that way?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by nick:
Looks like he means if he replaced the CAT with a test pipe. Then adding another muffler/resonator. Would power be lost doing it that way?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If that's what he means then hell no. That would gain you a little power, but i'd still suggest going for the race header direction than the off-road pipe direction. Theres a lot of power to be made from a header with nice long primaries. And yes the added resonator will help quiet things down, but you want to make sure you get a perforated core type and not the louvred core type. I think magnaflow makes some nice ones.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
I agree, if you are going to ditch the cat on a NA application, save up for a race header.

The cat acts like a restriction muffler, but obviously a "real" small absorbtion muffler is going to flow better and muffle the exhaust the same.

Where are you going to put the 2nd muffler though? There isn't all that much room under there, and if you remove your resonator and want to weld in some pipe to a tail muffler its going to have to take a sharp bend in the piping (not ideal) to fit it (if its anything but really short).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts