Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my boy totalled his zx2 last week and my roommate wants to get his headers. he has a zx3. He wants to know if they will fit he said hes signing up tonight so give him a warm welcome 2 the jet!
any way, the headers have a flex pipe too and he want to sell them soon so please post asap, thanx guys.

·
Registered
317 Posts
They should fit. I fit the Zx2 header to my Contour Zetec.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The ZX2 header is an unequal length header with a 2 bolt flange located between the #1 and #2 cylinders.

The Focus Zetec header is a near equal length, symmetrical header with a 3 bolt flange located between the #2 and #3 cylinders.

The Focus header flows better over the power band. I have been trying to adapt a JBA Focus header plus a Random Technologies cat for the Focus to my ZX2 S/R.

The Contour uses the same exhaust manifold configuration (especially the VCT Zetec 'Tours) as the ZX2, so the header should fit with minimal effort.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Originally posted by JohnsZX2SR:

The Contour uses the same exhaust manifold configuration (especially the VCT Zetec 'Tours) as the ZX2, so the header should fit with minimal effort.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">WRONG!!!!! I had to modify the ZX2 header to fit my Contour.
Originally posted by REDRUM:
They will bolt to the head but thats it. the cat has a diffrent flange on it, and their oil pan is reversed. You could rig somting to fit, but it just wouldnt be worth the time.

MIKE
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The oil pan is different (reversed) compared to the Contour. I have the Kamikaze 4-1 race header for the Zx2. I had to 1) plug the original o2 sensor location and tap it into the opposite side (not enough room; a/c compressor), 2) Have the downpipe MADE because the oil pan, in fact, was reversed, and 3) move the cat under the car. Cost me total $180 for all the MODIFICATIONS (not including the cost of the parts)
But I am the only Zetec Contour rolling with a header.

[ 09-19-2002, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: LoCoZetec ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts