Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo, economy cars are bought by generally young people without too much money. These people are usually impressionable, all about image (read: ricer) and can be tricked into thinking their lancer is basically the same as an EVO.

Who here thinks there should be a WIDELY publicized national TCC (touring car championship) using sportcompacts in the US, with homologation requirements. THe way i see it, the evo RS sprint, WRX STI already fit the bill perfectly, the srt-4 ccould be made to fit. INstating such a series would force other manufacturers to build halo cars aroudn their compacts and also boost publicity and sales of base models. I mean, we can drool about the WRC focus all day long, but it's not the same thing as a base impreza owner pointing at a WRX and saying that and my care are 'basically the same thing'.

opinions?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
????????
Never Heard of it....

Get FOX and SPEED in on it, and it a Winner.
In today's market, it wouldn't take TOOOOOO Much Hype, but someone would have to present a "Proper Plan" to the "Powers that Be".

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i can't see how this can fail. GIve FWD guys a weight break so our beloved foci (god i'm gonna be stuck with a c170 aren't I? *tear*) can compete against the AWD evo, and we're go.

I'll be the brains, Phillip can throw down teh money

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Hey... You get the series going, and I'll gladly offer to drive for any of the teams.. free of charge the first year.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Hey... You get the series going, and I'll gladly offer to drive for any of the teams.. free of charge the first year.
Don't forget Murph and Rob, and that kid from AZ w/ "Orange" in his SN....

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
i just watch speed world challenge touring car races and i get my sell on monday fix. But i wouldve already bought a spec v before the guy started racing them. And the focus wasnt very competitive in that series.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Yeah, you can throw my hat into the ring as well

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SHOW ME THE MONEY

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
i just watch speed world challenge touring car races and i get my sell on monday fix. But i wouldve already bought a spec v before the guy started racing them. And the focus wasnt very competitive in that series.
yeah, i was about to say, the Speed World Challenge kinda fit the bill. it had Civics, BMW 3series, IS300's, Focus, Protege, Integras, etc etc.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Ford Focus=axis of excellence.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts