I am Teds custom title. Not anything like the one
2,916 Posts
the wing that WILL be goin on my car...
..just in Rainforest Green..

---Ted

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
That is by far the ugliest wing I have ever seen on a Hatchback!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
<font color="blue">werd IMO that thing should only be on the rally car nothing else </font>

·
2,916 Posts
yeah..i can understand that,it is the WRC 03 rear wing..

·
Registered
556 Posts
WHY OH WHY do you want that much downforce in the rear on a front wheel drive car? Do you WANT the front to lift?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
well im sure it isnt for the downforce in the first place! doesnt a wing (if properly designed) also give the car much more stability?? and im SURE the people that designed that car know exactly what they are doing

·
Registered
70 Posts

Here's my car. Still have alot of installing to do, have most of my future mods bought and sitting in my garage, just wish I could buy time.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
WHY OH WHY do you want that much downforce in the rear on a front wheel drive car? Do you WANT the front to lift?

For about the bazillionth time, an auto at speed produces lift, mostly in the rear. It's basically a wing; the air has longer to travel over the top of the car than the bottom.

It doesn't matter if you're front-, rear-, or all-wheel driven, or powered by Mr. Fusion, you want to get rid of that lift because it degrades handling and ultimately produces instability. This is usually done with an inverted airfoil, or "wing"

A "spoiler" is typically used to artificially extend the rear of the vehicle to delay laminar seperation of the airflow to increase aerodynamics.

Unless you're in a top fuel dragster, it has absolutely nothing to do with traction over the drive wheels.

·
2,916 Posts
it doest matter anyways because im going to do the 302 conversion in time!
and thank you mister physics on breaking down what a wing does! damn that was tight...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thats ok, it is still the ugliest wing ever.

BTW FlaFocus, how much was your wing and where did you get it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts