Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to get and how much? What should I buy?

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
I forget the size...at walmart they have a machine that tells you what size you need. I bought the blade replacement because I like the little spoiler on my driver wiper.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Passenger Side: 19"
Drivers Side: 21"

You need to buy a whole blade assembly (including the metal bracket holing the blade) as the factory blades can't be refilled.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about the rear?

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Banned
3,562 Posts

You need to buy a whole blade assembly (including the metal bracket holing the blade) as the factory blades can't be refilled.
Refilled mine...

·
6,880 Posts

Refilled mine...
I did the first time too but they are not meant to be refitted.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I hate buying the chinsey plastic replacement assemblies... they just look like such crap..... I just get the parts at the dealer... costs like $20 to replace all of em but looks best!

·
6,880 Posts
Wierd. Well on mine, the whole metal thing the blade sits in was crimped together with the rubber part. I pried it apart and replaced just the rubber blade once, but it didn't work too well. Next time around I just replaced the whole blade assembly including the metal part.

I didn't replace the actual arm that joins up under the hood, but I had to replace everything else. Might be one of those stupid early 2000 model year things.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just replaced the whole assembly. The only problem is is that they don't come with the wind deflector. There's a reason they put that on there I'm sure.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I just replaced the whole assembly. The only problem is is that they don't come with the wind deflector. There's a reason they put that on there I'm sure.

BUY new wipers from the dealer trust me, none of the aftermarket ones work as well, and at highway speed's they wistle(b/c they lack the wind deflector), I got like 3 different brand's from auto stores and they were all crap compaired to the stockers, so my advice, stick with OEM wipers

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Mine was built in April or May of 2000... No problems with it. I'm pretty sure I replaced the rubber blade plus the two metal pieces that fit into it. One thing to note is that there are a couple of different shapes to the "root" of the rubber blade. While you can make either fit, if you get the right one it's MUCH easier.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I always use the Bosch wipers. They ass rape you on the prics but damm they work so good! They did make refills, not anymore
Have to buy the whole thing over and over again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts