Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, so I got this thing today. I installed it and NOTHING.
the variable swith part doesnt work...any suggestions from you people? i followed the how-to to a Tee. And still nothing.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Reset the battery....I did it when I did mine and it worked fine. Peace

Lox

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Yea, so I got this thing today. I installed it and NOTHING.
the variable swith part doesnt work...any suggestions from you people? i followed the how-to to a Tee. And still nothing.
I'm assuming you mean that you replaced the single speed wiper switch with a multi speed switch ... am I correct?

If this is the case, re-check your connectors. I just did this to both of our Foci and they work perfectly and it took all of about maybe three minutes or so to do the swap. Your's came with a how to???

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uh...yea, Im a dumbass. I thought 6 would be the fastest.... Its the slowest.

·
Registered
292 Posts
there's a variable time switch?? lol i live in the dark ages... my delay switch only has one delay setting.. or am i just a brilliant tree stump that doesn't even know what his switches do?? lol
it's on a '00 lx if that makes a dif. ( probably does.. i dunno.. )

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Whats up with these damn zombie posts!

If you have a variable wiper switch, your stalk with have dial/wheel closest to the steering wheel numbers 1-6.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
*Mod Edit* Yes, thank you for pointing that out.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
LOL, you guys crack me up. If a relative newcomer (he's got 53 posts now) searches and brings back an old post, everybody complains about it. But if that same newb starts a new post, everybody jumps all over him or her for not searching. I guess you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't...

As for the wiper switch, I don't see what all the fuss is about. It should take all of about 5 seconds to figure out which direction is faster, and which is slower. And the only installation comment I can think of is to be careful not to break the cheesy plastic tabs that hold the steering column cover in place. I did the installation in the cold of winter, and it took very little force to bend one of the tabs too far. I glued it back on, and it's been fine for about 16 months now.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
LOL, you guys crack me up. If a relative newcomer (he's got 53 posts now) searches and brings back an old post, everybody complains about it. But if that same newb starts a new post, everybody jumps all over him or her for not searching. I guess you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't...
i was thinking the same thing

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
If there is a legitimate question, then bringing up old posts is fine.

If there is any further discussion about the fact that is an old post, then I'm gonna lock her down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts