Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is my situation. I just recieved my SVT front seats. Now some of us know that the wiring schematics to get the airbag light off is a problem. I just want to see if anybody has suggestions, input if my idea is wrong...basically I just need some second opinions.
Ok, after looking and feeling around the both seats, there are two wires that go directly from the wiring harness on my zx3 to the seatbelt. The svt seats follow the same path. My idea is to cut the two wires from my stock zx3 seats and tapping them into the svt's two wires. Therefore leaving my original harness to connect to the harness on the floorboard. That way I have the SVT seats in but having my original harness in place.
Any experiences (LOL), do you think this will shut the light off and possibly have my airbags working? Any other ideas? Thanks

Patrick

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, just in case anybody decides to do what I did.. It works. The wires are direct copies from the regualr zx3 seats to the SVT.. Just splice them and re use your harness from the original seat. Both airbag and seatbelt warning lights are off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts