Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really bad at this stuff but I tried to do some searches and none were specific enough for me. When wiring something, how do you do it? Like neons you cut off th cig adaptor to wire it to a switch,but what next? How do you get power? Is the fuse box the only way? And if you do use the fuse box,how do you do that? Do you pull out a fuse, push the wire in the hole and put the fuse back in too? And what is the purpose of the little black box for the neons? Do you really need it or can you cut it off and wire the neon directly to the power source and ground it out? Thanks

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
k im one of the resident glow freaks here

couple questions
what is the black box you speak of
what kind of neons do you have...if you havent bought them click my sig to find the best gear

When wiring this stuff......you wire it to the switch like you said....then from the switch you take it to a fuse....what you said about sliding it over will work fine....just make sure you do it to the fuse you want
there are fuses that stay on always....some that are on only when the car is on and so forth

lemme know if this helps

and dont forget to ground too

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok yes it helps,the black box i meant it say the wire that leads down from the cig lighter goes to a box and the neons plug into the box,both neons do. Are those cathodes good? I've been looking alot at them.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
ok yes the cathodes are good
you need that box thats the inverter/transformer

if you want my opinion

Cathodes are twice as bright as neons....and cheaper
you can get 4 tubes delivered to your door for under 20 dollars

heres some pics of mine for reference

·
Registered
784 Posts
go to pepboys, or like autozone, and get a haynes manual. theres a chassis wiring diagram of all parts of the car in the index. also, its a good book to have when you feel like taking things apart. like i always do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts