Ford Focus Forum banner
341 - 360 of 368 Posts

· Registered
5,422 Posts
Neat.. I used to have a silver '01 ZX3.
but u grew a mangina and got a volkscrapwagon, most ass backwards german designed cars ever. :lol:

· Registered
1,518 Posts
but u grew a mangina and got a volkscrapwagon, most ass backwards german designed cars ever. :lol:
...Hows the focus coming Andy? :lol:

· Registered
5,422 Posts
I like my cars. but look at fj overall. it's fading. there will always be the regulars but there's not many new people registering to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
700 Posts
Well that may be but you have to remember that our MK1's are the oldest generation and are only getting older and as new and more exciting foci come to be the activity is going to shift in the site. I dont think its fading its just shifting generations. As time goes on parts are going to be harder and harder to find as companies stop making parts available. That's why I want to get my motor built sooner rather than later to avoid missing the boat. I mean you can find parts but its gonna be harder and more money. Thats just my opinion.

· Registered
5,422 Posts
Well that may be but you have to remember that our MK1's are the oldest generation and are only getting older and as new and more exciting foci come to be the activity is going to shift in the site. I dont think its fading its just shifting generations. As time goes on parts are going to be harder and harder to find as companies stop making parts available. That's why I want to get my motor built sooner rather than later to avoid missing the boat. I mean you can find parts but its gonna be harder and more money. Thats just my opinion.
i beg to differ. your thinking would be true if it was 1969 and u could see the future with those cars being worth $$$$ for the baby boomer mid life crisis people.

im pretty confident that engine components will be around for a the long haul. the mass made products like pistons and rods will be easy. worry about turbo manifolds and intake manifolds. those are whats gonna be super hard to find coming up unless you just keep contact with turbofab jim and then ur set. ull be fine.

· Registered
1,518 Posts
I see a ton of foci in the WB that are slightly mod'd, mostly in a good way, but i have no idea who they are and i doubt that they are on here.

· Registered
5,422 Posts
ya, gay. oh well. stay away butt munchers. (non FJ people)

this site handsdown.

· Registered
7,280 Posts
^Agreed... I'm glad I had a Zetec to mod before the current SVT. The experiences, successes, and failures of the members here, and the availability of parts and info on useful hacks for MK1 Foci (especially in the early-mid 2000s) was like a goldmine for this old hobbyist/mechanic/tuner/driver.

But on to my reason for posting here now... yesterday I saw a well modded, bright blue, 3-dr ZX3 driving up Center Av in Janesville. The guy had one of the iconic FC hoods (with the brilliantly located built-in scoop), an HKS exhaust, skirts and fr&r bumpers, all well attached (I thought it was a Rousch before I caught up to it). The guy didn't look over when I slowly passed (in traffic), so I couldn't find out if he would be willing to pull over and talk... at that point I wanted to know if he was making proper use of that hood, LOL, plus see if he was an FJ member and generally BS. Anybody know who that is?

· Registered
23 Posts
Greetings all! I have not posted in some time now. Last time I posted it was 2009 or? I needed help, per my SVT wouldn't go in reverse. Got some good advice, but never did anything about it. So I have been driving without REVERSE for 4+ years! I must have an inherent laziness or ?
I don't want to pay the local Ford dealer $500 to fix/adjust the linkage? Good news is; I have mastered rolling my car backwards into parking spots and tight jams using the power of gravity...and sometimes a push from a buddy! LOL I do plan on fixing the linkage this summer, but I do have a question.
I'm looking for new tires for my 2004 svt. Anyone here suggest a brand/make of tire under $400 for a set of 4? I have Fuzions right now, and they are terrible.

· Registered
2,502 Posts
gt radial champiro's are ok for the money. lanting90 and i beat the snot out of them on a racetrack and they held up pretty good. we drove there and home on the same set. and they will be going back on his car this summer. if you need all seasons go with the continental dws tires.

· Registered
7,280 Posts
I'm looking for new tires for my 2004 svt. Anyone here suggest a brand/make of tire under $400 for a set of 4? I have Fuzions right now, and they are terrible.
Right now there is a sale with a rebate going on for some real nice Cooper ZEON RS3-S... http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...archForm&rd=17&cs=215&sortBy=prca&exposed=brd They are $108 per tire on that site (cheapest due to no shipping charge) but then take off $25 and also get a $70 prepaid card from Cooper (mail-in). Makes these the best bang-for-the-buck out there now.

341 - 360 of 368 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.