Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

It's been quite some time since I've posted here. I got a little lost during the whole server update many months ago and have just now got back to reading the latest. I've been scrolling through much of the drama in the Forced Induction section and am for one really excited about strapping an ATI Procharger on my SVT.

I just wanted to get some impressions from you other owners as to how you feel about it... If any of you are on the waiting list... If any of you are definitely getting it.

I'm going FI by the end of the year and obviously have to decide which one to go with. Being a former Mustang guy, I know that the ATI can produce gobs of power, but had a tendency to throw belts around the bay when it got excited.

Take it easy.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,803 Posts
Well, I don't have much more to add that hasn't been said in the FI thread, but I'm also already on the waiting list.

Currently I'm waiting to see what the street kits (S1 and S2) look like (price, install quality and power-wise). I'd love to be able to get a CARB friendly kit that's easy to upgrade later, and that comes with an FMIC. The S1 kit comes with the horizontally mounted intercooler, which is totally cool for a street sleeper car, but for road racing, I'd prefer to go with a larger FMIC.

My guess though is that the FMIC will void my CARB status, but when it comes time to smog, I'll just need to buy the horizontal components, smog it, then revert back to the FMIC.

Yeah, this kit it looking AWESOME! I can't wait to see the final price and numbers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, one thing I don't have to worry about is getting smogged, thank goodness...
But, I used to live in San Diego, so I feel your pain. I'm also very interested in the output of the S1/S2 and if you can buy the S1 first if needed, and then upgrade later on.

I drive it everyday, so I can't afford to go with something outrageous and unreliable, but I just can't stop smiling when I think of adding 100+HP...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,749 Posts
Well I am 90% on getting this kit. Especially once I talk with Mark about that claim of 9PSI at 2700 RPM's. (we'll see about that). The other 10% is if they aren't able to get good power down low like he claimed. At that point, I might give more consideration to the Pectel Turbo kit.

But it does look good so far
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome!!! How long will you be waitin' and which one are you gettin'?

Any word whether the Street kits will be more than the race, since the R&D was needed for the tuning? I'm assuming so, but just hoping it's not gonna be 5Gs...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,859 Posts
Im down to Wolff/ATI or Tom's, but I cant decide. Id really rather not do the install myself, so im kinda leaning towards Tom's kit. All depends on the price I guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,181 Posts
Whats the differnce between the Street1, Street2 and the Race Kits?

CCC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Boost for the street 1 and 2 kits

One is a 7-9lb pulley two is a 9-11lb pulley


Race kit does not include the ECU tuning. You need to get your own tuning, MAF, Injectors, Throttle body? (I think that was it)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top