Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, I did a search under Wolffs member #, the post from the above thread is the last time he has posted on FJ.

I find that interesting.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
pipe dreams, I'm just pretending it never happened and waiting for a company that really wants business to come along

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
my thoughts exactly PGZX3. I think they were just talking a bunch of smack, and Level ten is far from a cost effective solution and they have no guaranteed results, just empty promises

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
yeah, I say Level Ten throws an transmission and fresh block at Tom and we see which one self destructs first

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
no joke man... level ten really isnt that helpful when ya call... i've spoken w/ a few people there and they CLAIM this and CLAIM that but there is no way to validate their claims until they throw a tranny to someone like Tom to really run it...

·
Registered
409 Posts
I think I'm close to that test. I have a level10
bulletproof ATX and Tom is building me a block.
I am having Endyn redo the JRSC & manifold while he's replacing my stock bottom end in January.
I have all the wrong stuff according to everyone here. I'm curious to see how slow my car will be
once it's tuned. There's no way I'm shooting for the kind of power Tom has; I still have to depend on this car every day without the benefit of a machine shop and spare time to fix stuff. According to the info on the jet, I should blow up before I break 15 flat. What's the over/under on that? I smell an interesting debate (or maybe that's my car about to burn up).

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I'm saying ulack is gonna run about mid to low 14s....because the transmission work alone should put you into the 15s....

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
ulack, I am very curious as to how it all works out for you. Please keep me posted.

·
Registered
647 Posts
i am not going to say any thing about what wolffe has done and will let out to the people, but there are some good things on the way before the year

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Originally posted by biker50610:
i am not going to say any thing about what wolffe has done and will let out to the people, but there are some good things on the way before the year
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">do we have physical proof of their products? kind of shady how they just dissapeared

BTW, hows the car runnin? im assuming you got a new head bolt? how are the cams/gears? did you tune it? and what kind of power did you see?

[ 12-20-2002, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: TooleBox ]

·
Registered
647 Posts
there is proof

but yeah tom got a new one in there and the cams are nice but would still like to be better, i didnt get to tune them the day i went back but i pulled like a 109hp and 115tq with them not tuned. the tq is always there its just the hp that is not but around 2.5-3k it hits then

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I did talk to Mark on AIM IM last week and was saying that he is still working on somethings w/ the ATX tranny and working the kinks out of it. He had stated that he was going to post info. on the mods done to the ATX as soon as he is done. Hope this helps some.

[ 12-20-2002, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: zetecinside ]

·
Registered
645 Posts
Originally posted by PGZX3:
yeah, I say Level Ten throws an transmission and fresh block at Tom and we see which one self destructs first
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It would be nice if Tom and Mike could actually tune an ATX. The software is not ready yet.

I talked to Pectal and they sounded exactly like Level Ten..."Sure, it'll work!" "Have you tried it?" "...No..." "What about the shift timing changes?" "...(silence)We'll have to check on that. But I'm sure it will work! We have them in stock!"
I was really surprised by they'er responce.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Tom did ay the ATX programming should be ready by the end of January. He fits into the "actions speak louder than words" category, so I think he
& Mike will pull through with it shortly. PGZX3 -
that is exactly what I am shooting for (low to mid
14's without nitrous) and with Tom's block, I hope
I can run a 100 shot if I lose what little sense
I have left. That should REALLY cool down the JRSC charge temps. Boy, would that be fun at a stoplight near the mall. * opinions expressed in this editorial do not necessarily reflect those of the moderators.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
anyone know what ever happened to these guys?

they dont come up in searches, there has been no new info, no new posts...

Was Wolff racing for real? or were they just on here talking a bunch of smack trying to scam a few suckers?

If anyone has any details on this, please post up or PM me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Toolebox, I as well was eagerly awaiting the release.

Heres the thread all the info Wolff posted in- http://www.focaljet.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=005672;p=13

Wolff was the last post, and to me, it sounds as if they are no longer pursueing the atx upgrade, but focusing on other mods.

I am/was a little skeptical as well.

P.S. Wolffs member # is 7564 if you want to search under in the future.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think they are bogus, I contacted them once and when I asked to talk to the owner in person and check out some of there projects he refused. They were here in NJ but I don't think they exist anymore.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Basically this company stated that they were making several mods for the focus, from a turbo kit to carbon fiber body parts to a turn key car. That was what interested me, the turn key cars. They told me on the phone that they had finished a WRX turnkey car, when I asked to go and check it out I was given the run around. When I asked to come talk to them in person I was again given a run around. They have nothing for us focus owners!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Rob it's funny you state that
WOlff was very willing to work with me on seeing their stuff, demo'ing etc..., hell Mark went out of his way scanning options for me on their F150 and Mustang packages

Honestly though besides Focus Central NOONE is really producing anything worth while for the FOcus yet........give it time it took the Civic's like 10years to reach their limits, we are only reaching our 3rd....

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
confused soul,, how can you say that focus central is the only one producing anything for the focus

lets see i have a
the only turbo kit with tuning FOR ZX3
turbo kit with tuning SVT
our own header
complete built short blocks
complete built engines (to date has done 500hp)
alum. water tank
alum. PRW STR tank
sheet metal valve cover
sheel metal intake will be out very soom
M.I.C
ported heads

and there are other companys with stuff also

tom

1 - 20 of 28 Posts