Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Won\'t start

I have a 2001 ZX3(no engine mods) and at random times it just doesn't want to start. Its pissing me off enough that i've started about thinking about getting a new car, even though i love my foci. Any advice?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Re: Won\'t start

This might be a better post under team tech. Noresull can probably help you there.
Otherwise, if it's under warranty, go to your dealer with as much detailed info as you have, such as does the engine crank or does the starter click when you turn the key. You might have to leave the car with them so they can replicate the no start condition. If it does crank, it's either spark or fuel. I would suggest getting a service manual (always a good investment) that would give you a flow chart for no start conditions. Look over any troubleshooting info you can get so when your car does "no start" you are prepared to do some troubleshooting. Even if you end up going to the dealer to get it scanned and then hopefully fixed, you will learn something and have some helpful info for whoever does end up fixing your car. LOL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts