Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the auto prophet (a blogger) posted this picture from the 2005 Woodward Dream Cruise.

(full size photo)

he suspects it is the 2006 Focus ST ZX4, but he doesn't know much about foci. this WAS displayed in a ford-sponsored area of the show.

Edit: Street Edition? ST? there are earlier posts here in Pit Stop that refer to it as the "Street Edition" package. you be the judge.

that's a fine looking bumper for a 2005/+. i would lose the "carry handle" spoiler though. (and that bumper SCREAMS for side skirts!)

another edit: i mirrored the pics to eat at my own bandwidth instead of blogger's. much props to theautoprophet for the originals -- hope he doesn't mind

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Re: Woodward dream cruise -- 2006 Street Edition Focus

Cool picture... but where are people getting the name "Street Edition" from?

Ford's media site just calls it the 06 ST.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Cool picture... but where are people getting the name "Street Edition" from?

Ford's media site just calls it the 06 ST.
everybody pointed me to an earlier post here in Pit Stop that referred to this as the "Street Edition" package, with photos of a concept that looks very similar to this vehicle (except the concept photos have the 2005 ST wheels, not the standard wheels).

i dunno, i edited the post, let history decide whether this is the aforementioned "Street Edition" package on a normal SE or SES, or this is the ST. wish he'd taken a picture of the rear, the badging might have lent a little clarity.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: Woodward dream cruise -- 2006 ST? \"Street Edition?\"

Focus Fanatics has a post on this with a shot of the rear

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts

i dunno, i edited the post, let history decide whether this is the aforementioned "Street Edition" package on a normal SE or SES, or this is the ST. wish he'd taken a picture of the rear, the badging might have lent a little clarity.
The normal 03-05 wheels do make one wonder... Hmmm...

·
Registered
11,255 Posts

From somewhere online...the 2006 Ford Focus Marketing/Ordering Guide from Ford

New for 2006 is an optional "Street Appearance Package" on SE, SES and ST designed to give Focus a
more aggressive, customized tuner look. It includes: unique color keyed front fascia with fog lamps, side
marker lamps, integrated mold-in-black grille and lower air deflector; unique color keyed rear fascia with
black diffuser insert; unique color keyed "rally style" rear decklid spoiler (ZX4), unique high-mount rear wing
spoiler (ZX3/ZX5) and bright exhaust tip (Late Availability on ZX3/ZX5)

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts

Awesome. FINALLY I have an answer!

·
Registered
933 Posts

I really like that bumper, it's awesome.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts

I really like that bumper, it's awesome.
It reminds me of the Rieger.

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts

you can tell its not an ST. The rims, the mirrors and door handles are black plastic. So you can get this kit on any focus you want.

If this is just an appearance package though, I kind of don’t get the point. To me it would have been nice if this was like a premium ST sedan thing.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts

If this is just an appearance package though, I kind of don’t get the point. To me it would have been nice if this was like a premium ST sedan thing.
Some automatic sedan and hatch owners would be left in the cold.

I gave up figuring out what Ford has going on with the Focus marketing plans.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

It reminds me of the Rieger.
me too, at first. but when i looked again (and again)... the vent that curves up around the wheelwell in the front -- those aren't brake vents (like the 'gills' in the RS bumper or some of the Rieger tuning stuff) but there's a yellow reflector in there -- that has to tbe the turn signal! (or -- both turn signal + vent).

very interesting.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts

If I may, I can give maybe a little bit of detail into this car. I live in the metro detroit area, and have seen that exact car multiple times on my way into work. The yellow "reflector" is indeed the turn signal, and the whole strip lights up when it blinks, pretty neat. Also, I don't know Ford's plans for this, if its just going to be an appearance package or not, but the one that I tailgated for a while, and got in front of, most definately had a FMIC. He (the driver) did his best to lose me, but I'm pretty persistant! there was loads of diagnostic equip in it, and it had the usual ford test numbers on the windshield. So, this may be the new turbo package that we've all heard rumors of for soooo long now!

In reality though, it'll be a sweet appearance add on package.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts

Yes, this kit has been discussed several times here. It is the Street "Appearance" package... not to be confused with the prior Street "Edition" car that was a previous "Statement" package on the sedan.

BTW, the kit will be available on the Sedan AND the Hatch.

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts

If I may, I can give maybe a little bit of detail into this car. I live in the metro detroit area, and have seen that exact car multiple times on my way into work. The yellow "reflector" is indeed the turn signal, and the whole strip lights up when it blinks, pretty neat. Also, I don't know Ford's plans for this, if its just going to be an appearance package or not, but the one that I tailgated for a while, and got in front of, most definately had a FMIC. He (the driver) did his best to lose me, but I'm pretty persistant! there was loads of diagnostic equip in it, and it had the usual ford test numbers on the windshield. So, this may be the new turbo package that we've all heard rumors of for soooo long now!

In reality though, it'll be a sweet appearance add on package.
Wait, what? Are you serious? The focus might actually get some power???

·
Registered
11,123 Posts

No, not really.

Ford had turbo motors in cars with that body kit about 2-3 years ago, but they killed the turbo version, all we get is the kit.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts

Yeah, thats what I figured, but there is still a few of the test mule's running around detroit with the turbo still attached.

·
Registered
96 Posts

I think I might have seen that car but all things considered who's watching for a focus when its at the same light as a Yenko Camaro or parked near darn near anything from the 60's. Thats just me though.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts

I love how no one in that pic is paying attention to the car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts