Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sold my focal f5's yesterday and came home and ordered the Kazera KZ-V in 18x7 with the Sumitomo HTR+ 215/35/18. The only thing that sucks is they said the rims won't accept the metal style valve stem. Oh well. Hopefully I should have them by thursday at the latest.

Today I was surprised to get a call from Tire Rack for 2 reasons, to confirm my order and verify it with the shipping address and to make sure the size tire I ordered is what I really wanted because the guy thought the 40 series would be better. But after talking to CY, I just need to have the appropriate pressure to accomodate the load capacity. Anyway, will post pics when I get them.

Wow, next day shipping. And when tracking them, it appears they have left the fedex site already. Talk about fast service. hopefully since they are coming from deleware I might see them tomorrow since I am in Maryland. doubt it, but one can always hope!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well here they are, Kazera KZ-V 18x7, 45mm offset wrapped in Sumitomo HTR+ 215/35/18. I could have gone with a 215/40/18 and even maybe a 215/45/18 if they make it. But the 40 series was considerably more expensive. They are the silver with polished lipped. I will take more when it is sunny out. This was at dusk.

BTW, if you haven't dealt with tirerack before, they have the best customer service I have ever had..right up there with Tony at new edge performance. Anyway, I had 2 rims that had to be returned. 1 Fedex damaged and the other had a very minor flaw, but I am picky so I wanted them replaced. No questions asked they were picked up the next day and the following day I had my replacements.

Oh, and what a difference a quality tire makes in ride comfort. I was very worried about going 35 series and in 18's, but these tires ride 100% smoother and feel softer going over bumps than the stock conti's did. Very impressive!

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Damn man... thats hot! I didn't know tirerack had wheels that looked that good.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Very nice Jason. Had no idea they where going to look that good! Nice a bad choice for a mustang guy.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the tires are awesome. but I only can compare them to the stock conti's which are crap. They ride much better. I am not sure about rain or snow yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.