Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't wait for those magical 200F/245R 1.5" drop springs to come along so I did some research.....

Turns out that McNews still had one set of the 1.6" 150F/200R Apex springs in stock.

ONE SET!

And I just ordered the last set from them for $109.99!!!!

I am SO stoked (yes, I said stoked...
) to finally get some lowering springs for my car! Now to decide on what kind of dampers to get......

WOOO HOOO!!!!!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I remember reading that they had some sets that they were trying to get rid of but assumed they got rid of them quick...especially for the price they were selling them for.

for you.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Ataru, i run the apex springs on my car. Great stuff. I'm also running koni yellows, which REALLY helps having adjustability.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Great spring choice, I think.

I was going to buy an exact same set (the 1.6" 150F/200R Apex springs) from sleeperlove, who bought them from seanmc.

I too, pondered an appropriate hydraulic tubule.

But my son wants a guitar, I want a valvebody and my SVT bits are bitchin' for the daily drive and occaisional weekend fling through the canyons for now.

I've been itching to autocross my car, though, so I smell a suspension upgrade sometime in the next 15,000 miles. I'll first attempt said cone-bashing after a long layoff (25 years?) as the car is now.

It pleases me to know that you think so highly of those springs.

Good luck with them, Sir; I eagerly await your first driving impressions and autocross results!

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, if we can get a site for our auto-x, I'll let you know what my results are!

I got lucky that they still had some in stock. I have been fighting for months on which springs to get as I couldn't find the EXACT setup I wanted.

I almost went with the Steeda springs but didn't like the fact that they were progressive.

I could have bought some used Intrax SVT springs but they are a 1.5" drop from the SVT height, not the standard Focus height and I didn't want to go that low with the tires I am using, but the spring rates were close to what I was really wanting.

The Apex springs have the drop that I am wanting with a spring rate that is closer to what I wanted. Keeping a similar SVT F/R ratio while being stiffer.

Here's hoping they work out for me......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts