Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, let's say I am car shopping, and instead of spending $20-25,000 for a brand new car, I instead keep my Focus and buy this thing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...668958&rd=1

or this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...455550&rd=1

I know some of you know people who own these things, are parts expensive and/or hard to get?

Cuz I am pretty sure it is my destiny to own one of these at some point in my life. I thought they were more expensive for some reason though so I never paid attention.

Oh and I wouldn't be intending to get like a fully certified mint condition Cooper S. I am more into the resto-rod kinda dealies. <cough>VTEC</cough>

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah Mini Mania is like the only site I know of as far as U.S. suppliers.

the Vtec powered Mini was made by a company called Mini Tec I believe, out of Georgia? but can't find a website for em

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
A classic Mini is never a bad idea.

A fully certified mint condition Cooper S is exactly what I want, though. Unfortunately, shipping from the UK is expensive.

Edit: Oh my god. I would sell my body on a street corner for that black Cooper. Get some 10" Minilites on it...

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I'm talkin bout! There's quite a few in that condition.

Although my stupid ass would use it as a daily driver. In which case that whole Honda-engine conversion really intrigues me. That's also why I don't want a grade-A certified one. I want one of these frankenstein cars that if I run it into the ground nobody will care

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
If you want to see some other possiblities for Minis, search around on the www.minimania.com site for a few other possibilities. They actually have links there to other sellers, both private and retail.

FWIW, I've been researching this very prospect for years now and I definitely would not buy either of those Minis off of e-Bay. You an find 'em cheaper elsewhere.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
public roads + F350 rear ending you = sucks to be the car in front of you
Yeah, but I'd die doing what I loved: driving a Mini.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was going to buy a mini like that old one but instead I bought a vw dune buggy

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i value my life way to much to drive one of those cars anywhere other than a track.

public roads + F350 rear ending you = sucks to be the car in front of you
what do you mean sucks to be the car infront of you? The only damage to the car infront of you would be from the F350 as it was squashing your a** in the Mini and driving clear through you into the next car.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
see, I've said that "[insert X car] is SO me!" before, but I really, really mean it when I say that a fully resto-modded B18-powered Mini is quite possibly the most perfect car match for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts