Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
You know, I'm really starting to like the xA. (cant stand the xB) It kind of reminds me of the Echo hatch that canadian guys are getting (yes I like the Echo hatch! so what!)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Rally Man:
You know, I'm really starting to like the xA. (cant stand the xB) It kind of reminds me of the Echo hatch that canadian guys are getting (yes I like the Echo hatch! so what!)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Echo hatch = Vitz, and I love it, too!

I was the exact opposite as you – I loved the xB but didn't care for the xA. However, this xA (actually a Toyota Ist (Japanese version of xA)) has some serious money put into it – body kit and wheels (those are 19" I believe).

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Originally posted by hatched:
(those are 19" I believe).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">HOLY MOLY!
Man por engine, must be a real strugle to move that car now
I Really did whish they had a better engine then the one they chose. But what nice 4-cylinder engine does Toyota have? (forgive my ignorance, but I only really know the one of the Celica, and I really don't care for it too much since you have to rev it so high on it.)

[ 05-20-2003, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Rally Man ]

·
Registered
733 Posts
I wonder if you could fit the old supra engine in it...

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Originally posted by RiTzBiTz:
I wonder if you could fit the old supra engine in it...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uhm... yea no to mention you would be driving from the back seat

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
That does look real sweet, I'll give you guys that. However, I'm not real impressed with the whole Scion thing at all, and I actually like the OTHER Scion better.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think this is exactly what Toyota is banking on though. They know that if enough young kids see these Scions all hooked up, then they'll be selling them like mad. I read an article where Scion isn't going to advertise in magazines or on television, they're going to have test drive events at import shows and stuff like that. It's an interesting marketing idea. We'll see how it goes for them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I guess Toyota should be careful about this vehicle. The Xa and Xb may not only apeal to the youth market. Look at some of the people driving some nice foci all hooked up. I am 41 and the Xb I think is really cool. Been to most of the asian sites on this already. There is a load of stuff for body engine and suspension. Saw a supercharger for it too.
Can we say Zoom Zoom

Stay focused

02/LG/ZTS/ATX

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Here's a few more pics

Very nice I might add.

What a change from this!

[ 05-20-2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Rally Man ]

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that the majority of the Scions that we're going to see "hooked up" are going to be all show no go. It'll be sort of a lowrider thing where it's meant to look good and if it performs well too, that's great.

There are forced-induction kits out there for the 1.5 liter 1NZ-FE engine, most notably a Blitz supercharger and a GReddy turbo. However, I'd bet that adding a turbo or supercharger will void the engine warranty unless Scion/Toyota warrnties one from the dealer (which means the price will be inflated).

If I'm going to have s car that looks like the xA above, it'd better be able to get out of its own way. All show, no go is a "no go" for me.

I'd bet that xA has at least $5,000 invested in it (making the $13,000 xA into a $18,000 showcar). I can see the Scion line turning into an expensive vehicle very quickly (Scion offers an AEM CAI for the Scion for $395! Add the 18" TRD wheels, the TRD lowering springs/struts and you'll be over $16K easily!

I just love the look, though! However, the Suzuki Aerio's MSRP is $15K and it comes with cruise, a better warranty, 40 more hp, 6-disc in-dash changer (standard), and alloys wheels for the same price. Who knows – this might be a highly competitive segment !

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Alright. I have to admit it. I've been trying to convince myself that the Scions were nasty from the get-go.

Well.. I can't do it anymore.

I think that is pretty damn sweet.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can't quite tell if that's the Toyota logo or the Scion logo...It looks like the Toyota one:

It does look far better than the base model.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
It still looks hideous.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts