Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW I saw a Lincoln Blackwood today

was coming st8 at me and 1st thing I thought was "hmmm lowered navigator, Ima check out the 24's or whateva"

nope, it was a Blackwood. About a 50yr old guy drivin it. PRETTY PRETTY truck

thats a rarity around here and I'm guessing anywhere unless u have a neighbor that has one or somethin.

also went down to the Ford dealer today and sat in the '04 F150. bleh, same ole same ole, just touched up. THe interior in the model I sat had a worse finish and touch to the buttons than my '02 Focus.

just thought Id mention it

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Most Useless pickup truck...evAr.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Hence the reason why Ford cancelled the Lincoln Blackwood
1.Low towing ability.
2.Too expensive for a truck with a trunk.
3.No 4wd option available.
4.Very disappointing sales overall.

The above probably explains why I haven't seen one on the street since it was introduced on the market.So yes it would be rare to see one Brandon and that is cool that you did.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
There are probably some still on the lots that can be purchased for a VERY good deal if your interested.

The idea was to make a "gentleman's pickup" for people like owners of construction companies or for the show horse crowd. It's a nice idea but WAY too small of a niche, and besides THOSE people like to haul and tow things occasionally too!

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
wait wait wait, so it never even had a 4WD option? that's just rediculous

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Most Useless pickup truck...evAr.

I couldn't agree more, I've seen a few of them in Lansing on my way to work.

Another cool concept with poor execution, just like the SSR.
*sigh*

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I saw two going down the same road a couple weeks ago....what is that...1/4 of the production run?

·
Registered
100 Posts
also went down to the Ford dealer today and sat in the '04 F150. bleh, same ole same ole, just touched up. THe interior in the model I sat had a worse finish and touch to the buttons than my '02 Focus.
I'd disagree. The '04 F-150 is a complete redesign - not a "touch-up". I think it is a very cool truck, regardless.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Was the free Mercury Cougar that some dealers were offering as an incentive to pay sticker price following behind it??

>8^)
ER

P.S.: Welcome back svtgrrl - long time no see!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
no doubt its a VERY nice truck, but not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
It's possible he sat in the '04 "Heritage" F150 which is the same bodystyle as the '03...
Probably b/c the 04 f-150 is an amazing truck not just a touch up and i think it built better then the focus
After all ford trucks are thier life and best trucks on the road

·
Registered
688 Posts
There are quite a few blackwoods where my parents live (Howell). I saw 3 parked at the red robin there on grand river
. It figures: yuppies in the country.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I actually kinda like the Blackwoods. At least as an alternative to an Escalade EXT.

Funny thing. A while ago when Ford auctioned off a bunch of their concept cars they got really high prices for just about all of them, excepth the Blackwood. The Blackwood concept actually sold for less than the retail price of a regular Blackwood!

·
Registered
95 Posts

[censored] That man....The new F150 is some serious truck....It it one of the nicest pickups I have seen in a while, I went to the dealership yesterday to look at it, and sat in one....the seats are almost like a car, power rear/side windows and power back window, and the shifter is on the center console.....Simply the best F150 I have been in a long time....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts