Ford Focus Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think people have migrated toward Facebook, but I like the archive characteristics of a forum much better! Also, the focus platform doesn't seem to be a lasting platform. People aren't into older Focuses like they are older Hondas, at least in the USA. Idk why either! Seems fun enough! I've done the Honda thing too!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I joined before I got my 2002 ZX5, I now have a 2017 Focus Electric. I actually just got a Thule bike rack where I read nearly 50 pages of posts which was really beneficial to the install. Definitely enjoy reading forums instead of FB posts for actual help.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I miss the good old days of FJ....and small car enthusiasm generally.

·
Banned
664 Posts
Whatever happened to axon and zx3ford and mr potatoes and iceman and noresull and rororacing

The good ole days of well over 20 years ago now / can’t believe it’s been that effing long

·
Banned
664 Posts
Yeah, my first car was a 93 Cavalier - traded it for my 01 ZX3 and that was when I was 19 years old and full of life and hope and dreams and overly obsessed with rally racing - the first mods I ever did to any vehicle was that focus; first car meet was (can’t remember what we called it) in PA - couple hundred focuses there, it was eye opening as ever and cool as hell to a 19/20 year old in the early 2000’s

Had a total blast learning and busting balls on here - I used to get banned from time to time, Ron and ZX3Ford were always giving me the ban hammer as I was usually a total prick, lol - had a lot of fun here with the guys - and this site is where it all started for me

By 2004 I was sorta done with this site and living a different life as by then I was living in a cabin with no running water out in the woods with the wife and I got obsessive with the chainsaw hobby and spent years and years and years being a pretty popular member on arborist site and going to chainsaw GTG’s in the Midwest….

but during said time I always took care of my vehicles and took pride in what I drove on a regular basis - all of what I learned here stuck with me and I have nothing but great memories from this place

It’s definitely too bad to see it ended up the way it did - I wonder what ole Ronnie is up to these daysand what his plans are- curious if he plans to keep the site here as an archive or if someday it will just disappear….

·
Banned
664 Posts
If FJ was on the radio, it would certainly be known as The Howard Stern Show

Amazingly awesome 20 years back - and through the 2000's and early/mid 20-teens it was a total giant - but in recent years, it sank like the titanic...

RIP FJ, and RIP Stern Show - we shall always remember your better days....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Been so long I hardly remember the names anymore. I started in 2001 when I bought my 2001 ZX3. Still have it and rebuilding it little by little. I also have a 2004 Yellow SVT EAP body which may become a ground up resto mod.

·
Banned
664 Posts
Hellz yeah fruitport

it’s almost impossible to comprehend that this site was exploding 20 freakin years ago

·
Registered
2 Posts
sooooooo...im 17 and I just bought my third Car, a 2000 focus wagon.it has 74,000 miles on it and I love it.its honestly the best car I've had.and I was jus online looking for parts an came across this.and it seems like it was a popular car.

·
Administrator
12,482 Posts
sooooooo...im 17 and I just bought my third Car, a 2000 focus wagon.it has 74,000 miles on it and I love it.its honestly the best car I've had.and I was jus online looking for parts an came across this.and it seems like it was a popular car.
Wagons are sick! Problem is there aren't a ton of parts around for them. Hit the Facebook group and I am sure that you will find what you are looking for eventually.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

21 - 33 of 33 Posts