733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There thinking Formula 1....
too bad its not going to work....
Im already booking tickets to mexico...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Hmm....Focaljet group trip to Mexico anyone?
Note to self: Save vacation time next year for trip to Mexico weekend of March 12-14. Except Mapquest comes up with four different Leon's in Mexico. Which one is it?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Except Mapquest comes up with four different Leon's in Mexico. Which one is it?
this one

Conviently located near.... absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
There thinking Formula 1....
too bad its not going to work...
That's what I can't understand. This season has been one of the most competative in years and they're screwing with it. With the two car rule it means that only 14 top level cars will be starting every rally and with the attrition rate of rallies like Cyprus or Acropolis that will be some sad race results.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Leon is only a 15 hour drive from here. A coworker and I are already planning out trip!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Ok! who's in for group rates down in Mexico?????

YES! Finally a WRC event close to home! How far are the events from Cancun?
Cancun is ~23 hour drive to Leon. You would be better to fly into Monterrey, Gaudalajara, or Mexico City.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Ok! who's in for group rates down in Mexico?????

YES! Finally a WRC event close to home! How far are the events from Cancun?
Cancun is ~23 hour drive to Leon. You would be better to fly into Monterrey, Gaudalajara, or Mexico City.
OUCH! Hmmm how long of a drive from San Diego?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
San Diego is 28 hours from Leon. If you want to fly into a US city, either Brownsville (12 horus), Corpus Christi (15hours, where I live, a coworker and I are driving down), or San Antionio (15 hours) are good choices.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
San Diego is 28 hours from Leon. If you want to fly into a US city, either Brownsville (12 horus), Corpus Christi (15hours, where I live, a coworker and I are driving down), or San Antionio (15 hours) are good choices.
Ok scratch the US. Can someone get a us a better map of where Leon is? If ur up to it maybe driving times from some of the big cities in Mexico. Thanx!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
If you want to fly into Mexico, you should just fly into Leon (airport is BJX). I think most of you think Leon is a small village or something. Leon is a huge city, (well, by my standards) with a population of more than 1 million.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Ouch!

www.expedia.com

--$596.89--
6:20 am Depart Baltimore (BWI)
Arrive Leon (BJX) 11:46 am Thu 11-Mar
Duration: 6hr 26mn Continental 527 / 1128
Connect in Houston (IAH)
---------------------------
12:25 pm Depart Leon (BJX)
Arrive Baltimore (BWI) 7:46 pm Mon 15-Mar
Duration: 6hr 21mn Continental 1129 / 426
Connect in Houston (IAH)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ahhh Much better, Thanx!

Hmm Leon is close to a few other nice places. Might be a nice lil mini vacation. Anybody here been to Leon before?
I've been by there, but not stopped. Maybe it's improved, but several years ago the roads in that part of the country were miserable (good for rally) and sight seeing ran the risk of seeing sights that didn't want to be seen (zapatista camps and opium/mota fields) and live by the credo "dead men tell no tales". I'd probably fly into Leon for the rally and then take a shuttle to wherever else I'd want to vacation.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
My Step-father is a travel agent, I will tell him to keep an eye out for the fares to Leon, Mexico and see when they go down for various cities around the country and repost, I will also have him search hotel rooms and rates, and start reserving a block of 20 rooms at a decent rate (as long as they have a 24-cancelation policy) just in case they start to go quickly.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts