Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sat down and watched the Rally Oz, and I was really geared up for a great battle to the end.

Was anyone else disappointed that the rally came down to tires/tire choice in the rain? I was very excited to see a duke-out between two drivers I like (even though neither was in a Ford), and then it was ruined by the wet performance differential of the tires.

Yeah, I know - "that's rallying." And certainly that is true. But I really wanted to see a great battle between the new kid who is learning gravel at an alarming rate, and the less-new-kid who shows that he has wicked speed when the need arises.

At least Petter is happy when he wins. I like that much better than robotic winners. (For a definition of "robotic winner," please see Alain Prost from mid-80's Formula One.)

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
i wouldve like to have seen it go to the very end, but the best guy won (experience, tires, etc). Loeb will be doing that to people when he gets more and more time in the cars and rally experience. Too bad the focus wasnt a factor at all over the weekend.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Don't discount the Focus... He was doing ok, not top spot, but could have finished 3 or 4. Either would have been a good finish.

I watched the battle, it was funny. I definitely like Petter, he's a fun guy. I like that he loves his fans, and celebrates, but doesn't get too gloaty.

I REALLY like the way he congratulated Sebastien, very sportsmanlike.

I mean, some of his interviews... he does seem a bit like he's gloating, but I think that's mainly just because of English isn't the best, and he's enthusiastic.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I'm not sure if I like Petter or not after watching him put a Focus into the Treetops ass first, top down, roughly 12-15 feet off the ground a year or two back...
That HURT to see it... poor little car...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember watching that event, and I yelled at the TV, "HOLY S*%&#! OH JEEZUS!" I was amazed they weren't hurt.

I think Petter is pretty good about not gloating. He doesn't have the d-head arrogance that Burns has, and I think his English is a little better than Marcus', so he comes off more animated, etc., in interviews.

The best part of when Petter congratulated Sebastien was when he said, "It was great fun!" Nice to know someone enjoys the racing instead of it being merely a job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts