Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
True WRC Focus cars use a Reiger suspension that you'll never in a million years...with all the money in the world be able to buy.

you can however run

Leda, Hot Bits, H&R, Gaz, Bilstein, KW coilovers to give it that lifted or slammed look.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Nowhere. It's very high-end custom, and nearly all of its parts are one-of-a-kind.

You might try asking at the Special Stage forums. They would know where you can get that kind of stuff. Or talk to Sway-A-Way, because I know they've made at least one custom rally suspension for a Focus. For more "off the shelf" components, you may look at KW Variant 3 coilovers, or equally high-dollar, big-name coilovers. Look for names like Sachs and Öhlins.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
like i said...

the WRC Focus suspension is so top secret that it probably costs more then the world...
Yep; you'd have better luck trying to buy a 2 to 3 year old Focus WRC car. Prolly cheaper too, even with the cost of airfare, lodging, rental car, meals and shipping the car home... Why I bet you could (if such a car were even for sale) do all that for just under 55K...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Suspension would be well over $15,000 (60mm??)
Why would you want to spend that much on a suspension youll never use? Especially if it's just a replica car and you're not actually rallying it?

You can get DMS (~$4,000 for 50mm), Leda, Hotbits (what i went with). ..

Crazy to spend that amount of money if you're not going to actually use it to it's full potential???

·
Registered
684 Posts
localhost127,

How do like your Hotbits?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
localhost127,

How do like your Hotbits?
We used to have a fellow on here who did alot of SCCA Pro-Rally with the Focus, and he swore by the durabilty and capabilities of the Hot Bits after destroying many other brands. I forget his screen name, but he was on fairly often back in '02-'03.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
holy crapola!

just look at the diameter of the strut/shock absorber...
It's probably 4 inches across!!! koni's are like 3/4" if that..

Oh man, If I had those I'd be taking my focus off Jumps like WRC run's... except I'd rather have the rollcage before I attempt any of that...

·
Educating Mazda Owners One Thread at a Time
4,723 Posts
holy crapola!

just look at the diameter of the strut/shock absorber...
It's probably 4 inches across!!! koni's are like 3/4" if that..

Oh man, If I had those I'd be taking my focus off Jumps like WRC run's... except I'd rather have the rollcage before I attempt any of that...
Looks like an inverted strut to me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts