Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoy

I got this from SCC Magazine. When I saw this, I just laughed my azz off.

Here is what it states:

Lancer Evolution VIII Release Form

This release form has been approved by Mitsubishi Motors for use by drivers with insatiable appetite for speed. It releases Mitsubishi Motors from any and all claims lodged by drivers who, while experiencing the Awesome performance of the Lancer Evolution VIII, suffer from weak bladders,heart conditions and/or soiled trousers.

By signing this agreement, I understand that the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII is one of the World's Most Powerful Sports Cars, and Release Mitsubishi Motors and its Respective agents, employees, shareholders,sponsers, promoters and affiliates(Collectively Releasees) From ANY and ALL Claims that may arise from the power to GO 0 TO 60 in 5.1 Seconds.

By Initialing Below, I understand That:

1._____ (intial here) understand that objects must not be discarded from the Lancer Evolution VIII while going 0-60 in 5.1 seconds. Objects such as apple cores,chewing gum and orange peels if discarded out the window of the Lancer Evolution VIII could impale innocent bystanders or damage private property.

2.____ (intial here) understand that I must exercise caution when traveling up steep hills while going 0-60 in 5.1 seconds. Furthermore, I understand that Mitsubishi Motors did not intend the Lancer Evolution VIII to become the first flying car.

3.____(intial here) understand that I must exercise caution when accelerating on gravel roads in my Lancer EVO VIII. The power to go 0-60 in 5.1 seconds could hurl debris into space, possing possible threats to orbiting satellites.

4____(intial here) understand I can never volunteer to be the Official Pace Car for fear that the other drivers will be unable to pass me thereby postponing the race indefinitely.

5.____(intial here) understand that I must use extreme caution when driving around traffic circles in my Lancer EVO VIII. Rapid acceleration in a traffic circle when going 0-60 in 5.1 seconds can create a time paradox that may send me and those around me back in time.

This agreement shall be binding upon the parties,their successors,assignees and personal representatives. By signing below, I acknowledge this is not an actual release, is not intended to be an actual legal document and Mitsubishi Motors makes NO Warranties in representation as to any of the information provided here.

Age____ License No_________ Experation Date_______

Name_________ Phone_________

Address___________________________________________

Who to Notify in case of Emergency________________
Phone__________

Signature____________________ Date__________

[ 05-08-2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: zetecinside ]

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I hope you re-typed that yourself.
Surely Mistu wouldn't have THAT many Misspellings in even a Pretend "Release".

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by MichaelXi:
I hope you re-typed that yourself.
Surely Mistu wouldn't have THAT many Misspellings in even a Pretend "Release".

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sorry about that Mike, I need sleep. Oh wait what is sleeeeeeepppp??? Sleepy time.

[ 05-08-2003, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: zetecinside ]

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
I saw that also in the latest Motor Trend,Car and Driver and Automobile Magazines

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by wrcfan:
Yeah, I saw that Alex, pretty funny.
Man, that's a lot to retype!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I guess that is why I am soo tired and had to make alot of corrections.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I saw that also in the latest Motor Trend,Car and Driver and Automobile Magazines
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">^^Ditto

It is just their ad campaign

Pretty funny though

·
Registered
406 Posts
that was pretty good. id laugh my a$$ off if a salesperson asked me to sign that.

and if ive leared anything, its that the evo goes 0-60 in 5.1 secs!

·
Registered
481 Posts
They have to change the copy of that ad as soon as the STi starts to prowl the streets. Cause in the HP/Torque wars...they were only #1 for about 3 weeks. Then Soob dropped the hammer. Oh well sucks to be Mitsu. they do all this great scemeing and planning to have the car with the best specs only to be dropped by Soob a month later. Kinda makes me laugh.
Not to mention that this kind of stuff is the best news for sport enthusits out there. We are the ones that will benefit from these "auto wars" Maybe these sales will poke Ford in the arse to release an AWD turbo Focus over here in the States.
Cheers.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Originally posted by Zxtremely3:
Unforunately the Scubby STi kicks the Lancer in the sacks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Pshhht...let the Subie guys brag about thier horsepower...the Lancer's come out on top of every single comparo I've seen so far.

[ 05-09-2003, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: racerx ]

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
^^Yeah, in the new C&D I got today the STi came in 2nd to the EVO.

I would still hit them both

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Originally posted by Zxtremely3:
Unforunately the Scubby STi kicks the Lancer in the sacks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This keeps coming up and I don't know why. Yes the Subaru makes more power......and there was much hoopla and back patting when it was anounced. Now test after test has the Sooby marginally faster yes.....and getting bested on road course, then slaloms, then another road course, even a dirt course, then braking, then top speed and........

So who's kicking who?

The reality is they aretwo great cars that are a toss up for most drivers.......certainly NEITHER is clearly "best".

[ 05-09-2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: ZXmurph ]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts