Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new on this forum, but from FF forum and thought I bring my question to this forum as well. I drive a 2010 focus, and have bolt ons (Intake and exhaust). I wanted a little more power and got a OBX header and Magnaflow HFC along with a SCT XCAl 3,but havent used it yet because I wanted to tune once everything was together. The first time I encounter the wrench light was about a week or so after installing the OBX header. I ran codes, and got normal codes that show up after installing a header, but found a Transmission Range Sensor Malfunction code... Took the header out and went back to stock and took it to the dealership, paid $175 for a burnt and broken wire that blew a fuse too. I'm guessing the header did this, but was certain that no wires were near it, plus it is wrapped up.

I figured that was my only problem, so I decide to install the header again and be even more careful and watch for wires and other things that could be a problem. I install the header monday, and made sure to not drive it around till I get my tune set up. In the mean time, it started up fine, and decided to install the HFC on tuesday, the next day. Started it up ran fine, took it around the block just to hear for leaks, and make sure it was done correctly, then put it back in the garage. Wednesday morning I start it up, Wrench Light is on, and Traction Light was on like last time, I ran for codes again, still got similar codes as last time, P0443, P0403, P0135. I'm using the X3 to check the codes, and last time I could not read the Transmission Range Sensor Malfunction, but believe it showed up as P0000. This time I'm reading another P0000, so I'm not sure if it is the same one or maybe a different one.

I have tried everything, resetting the battery, reverting back to stock which is annoying being the second time in a week. I'm probably taking it to autozone to find out that mystery code and to the dealer again, but wanted to know if anyone has encounter this problem after installing parts, or is it a coincidence? I just don't want to keep installing the header if it's what causing the car to go limp...

thanks, alex.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
auto? 5spd? most comon wrench light is caused from a fault MAF sensoe in ATX

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an automatic, I have cleaned the MAF sensor and cleared the MAF code the first time I was given a wrench light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts