Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe that's how much the bike means to him:dunno: Kinda like when someone owns a what they think is a collectable:lol: they put it somwhere safe admire it then forget about it then when they need money or cleaning up moving etc...
they try to sell it:garage: and it's not worth half of what they thought it was:( (yes so much i have learned over the years;) )

·
GTI> SVT > Kona
1,372 Posts
Ataru said:
I have a friend in town who owned a Kona and traded in the car. I have been trying to get him to sell me the bike, but have been unsuccessful. :(

He even has another bike that he rides instead
I actually do ride the Kona Blast (when I can), but usually only when trail riding... I ride my Giant when we're going with the kids. :D

and the bike does mean a lot to me, I know it isn't necessarily a collectible... but someone is having a hard time trying to find one. ;)

And btw Jason, I don't remember you offering me any 'money' for it. :p You can get a new for around $500 or so.

Good luck DisrupTer911 in your search.

·
GTI> SVT > Kona
1,372 Posts
Meant to ask why you were looking for that specific bike, too?

It doesn't have the greatest components from the '99-'00 Blast and the new Kona Blasts are about the same price and have better gear on'em.

Just wondering?

·
Premium Member
16,009 Posts
DOH! Once this thread popped back up, I thought you might see it Barry. :eek:

It was a few years back when I was thinking about getting a bike. I saw you had multiple bikes in the garage and you mentioned that you ride the other bike more. I made a small comment about me buying it that might not have seemed too serious, and you said you wanted to keep it because you did ride it from time to time.

I know I want the Focus Kona bike because it's part of "Focus history", if you will. You already know what kind of Focus collection I have in models, borchures, and other items. It would be fitting to have a bike that came with one of the first special edition Focus models made.

I bet Disrupter wants a Focus edition Kona bike for similar reasons.

After the comments you've made recently about your old Kona Focus and how you wish you didn't get rid of it, I can easily understand your feelings about the bike and why you don't want to get rid of it.

Believe it or not, I wanted a Kona Focus at first and was quite envious of you when I saw you owned one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts